2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Offered)

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:17 am

hilltopalum wrote:think of Washington as more of a CG than true point. I think he'd fit nicely with Nembhard in the back court. At 6-2/6-3 he's been ask to run point for his high school and AAU but he's definitely a scoring guard.

Good point. I have to stop believing how the recruiting sites list these players. Watched more film and his handle's improved the last year, but definitely looks more like CG or SG/wing in a system like ours where we want multiple guys who can handle and pass to keep the ball moving to the right shot.
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 pm

The more I watch TyTy video, the more I think he would be a great fit and backcourt mate for Nembhard.

Yes please!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Kolder Fan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:44 pm

This kid would look great in a Jays uniform. Hopefully some of these dominoes start falling and they fall our way!
Kolder Fan

Postby LJay » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Jeremy Hauer throws a prediction for TyTy to become a Jay today.

Hmmmmmm ....... it may be a homer pick or .......

Rolljays!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/ty-ty-washington-jr-232618
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Helmzy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 am

Just watched highlights. Definitely off guard. Definitely Marcus Foster with a higher ceiling to his overall game. Has attitude like MF too. Actually was involved in a brawl last year (some say he started it) and was dismissed from the team I believe. Anyways the talent is there, I’m sure Mac will have his head right when he gets to campus.
Helmzy

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 am

So what are the chances Ty Ty commits to CU? Damn near every time I have thought a guy would commit to the Jays I have been wrong. I just hope this isnt a situation like when everybody (not just peeps on this board) predicted Zach Harvey would be a Jay only to reclassify then go to a school (Cincinnati ) that came in late. Its 2020 and I guess Im just looking for good news :D
SonofFrankTomera

Postby bleedblue » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:36 am

Tyty seems like the perfect compliment to Nembhard. His addition would put us at 1 PG 1 Combo guard and 1 SG. Leaving us with likely 2 more spots. 1 wing and a big or a transfer
bleedblue

Postby Alphawalt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 am

This kid seems like he is going to commit to ASU. Bobby Hurley has got the program going and gets a high percentage of his targeted recruits. Ty Ty’s dad sure makes it seem he is going to ASU:

“Everything is going fine with ASU,” said his father, Tyrone Washington Sr. “We are in constant communication with coach Anthony Coleman, and I like what he’s saying. He said that even though my son is local, he has to come in and earn his spot and his playing time as a freshman. My son went to at least eight, nine of their games last year, and I watched them mostly on TV. I like how coach Hurley lets his guards play, run and shoot. He gives his players a lot of freedom, and you don’t have to look at the bench when you make a mistake.

“When I talked to coach Hurley and the staff, he told me that he can adapt his style to his players. He had a couple of bigs two years ago, so he played a slower pace. Last year with Remy (Martin) and all the guards, he played a fast-paced system. And that’s how Ty Ty is, he can play either pace, and that’s one thing Hurley likes about him, and something that works in Ty Ty’s favor. They also talked about all the three starting guards they are leaving after this year, and Ty Ty being able to play on the ball or off the ball. They said that if he outworks the other players, he’ll earn a (starting) spot, but if he ends up coming off the bench and playing well that he’ll be on the floor a lot. Ty Ty is comfortable either starting or coming off the bench.”

Also, I follow local sports closely living in Arizona. He absolutely started a major fight at a game and it was not an understandable situation. It was truly ugly behavior. I for one do not want him playing for my alma mater, regardless of his playing skills.
Alphawalt

Postby Brendan259 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Alphawalt wrote:This kid seems like he is going to commit to ASU. Bobby Hurley has got the program going and gets a high percentage of his targeted recruits. Ty Ty’s dad sure makes it seem he is going to ASU:

“Everything is going fine with ASU,” said his father, Tyrone Washington Sr. “We are in constant communication with coach Anthony Coleman, and I like what he’s saying. He said that even though my son is local, he has to come in and earn his spot and his playing time as a freshman. My son went to at least eight, nine of their games last year, and I watched them mostly on TV. I like how coach Hurley lets his guards play, run and shoot. He gives his players a lot of freedom, and you don’t have to look at the bench when you make a mistake.

“When I talked to coach Hurley and the staff, he told me that he can adapt his style to his players. He had a couple of bigs two years ago, so he played a slower pace. Last year with Remy (Martin) and all the guards, he played a fast-paced system. And that’s how Ty Ty is, he can play either pace, and that’s one thing Hurley likes about him, and something that works in Ty Ty’s favor. They also talked about all the three starting guards they are leaving after this year, and Ty Ty being able to play on the ball or off the ball. They said that if he outworks the other players, he’ll earn a (starting) spot, but if he ends up coming off the bench and playing well that he’ll be on the floor a lot. Ty Ty is comfortable either starting or coming off the bench.”

Also, I follow local sports closely living in Arizona. He absolutely started a major fight at a game and it was not an understandable situation. It was truly ugly behavior. I for one do not want him playing for my alma mater, regardless of his playing skills.

I think its safe to say that Mac and staff feel comfortable that he has matured since the incident.
Brendan259

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Based on history, Mac has definitely earned benefit of doubt.

IIRC no scholarship athlete gets offered without talking with Bruce. That's a pretty good backstop.
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting