2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Offered)

Postby NateFunkyTown » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:47 pm

Helmzy wrote:
bleedblue wrote:Update from stockrisers on TyTy
https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/stat ... 32864?s=19

Talked with TyTy Washington and he said that Minnesota, Auburn, Illinois, Creighton, ASU, among several other schools are still talking and involved with him. The goal was to make a college announcement at some point this month, in addition, his recruitment seems to remain open as others might want to pursuit after three consecutive 27+ point performances.

Thanks for this! Kinda surprised to hear the open recruiting comment considering he’s scheduled to commit in 8 days.
NateFunkyTown

Postby LJay » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:38 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:58 am

LJay wrote:

LJay or anyone else have any type of feel where he might end up? I would give my input but I am wrong nearly ALL OF THE TIME.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:23 am

This is just my opinion, but like Slater said, I think it’s us or Illinois. I feel like he was ours to lose, then took that visit to Illinois and set his commitment date. I tend to think the situation may have flipped, and he’s now Illinois’ to lose. My pessimism stems from the memories of every big time recruit were in on, in a high profile recruitment, doesn't tend to go our way. Their sell to him is probably that he’s the replacement for Ayo Dosunmu and the keys are his when he gets there. But, we have tons of early playing time available then, too.

Landing TyTy would be huge, I think he’s an immediate starter/big contributor in 21. I’m still shocked he wasn’t more highly recruited. He balled out at the Pangos All American camp this week, which is loaded with 4 and 5 stars. Really hoping we can land this one and have a go-to scorer for years to come.
Last edited by bluejayfan00 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejayfan00

Postby Brendan259 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:26 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
LJay wrote:

LJay or anyone else have any type of feel where he might end up? I would give my input but I am wrong nearly ALL OF THE TIME.

Honestly, during COVID I don't blame the kid for visiting another school to make sure he's making the right choice. I think he will pick CU because early playing time will be too good of an opportunity to pass up.
Brendan259

Postby Brendan259 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:40 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:This is just my opinion, but like Slater said, I think it’s us or Illinois. I feel like he was ours to lose, then took that visit to Illinois and set his commitment date. I tend to think the situation may have flipped, and he’s now Illinois’ to lose. My pessimism stems from the memories of every big time recruit were in on, in a high profile recruitment, doesn't tend to go our way. Their sell to him is probably that he’s the replacement for Ayo Dosunmu and the keys are his when he gets there. But, we have tons of early playing time available then, too.

Landing TyTy would be huge, I think he’s an immediate starter/big contributor in 21. I’m still shocked he wasn’t more highly recruited. He balled out at the Pangos All American camp this week, which is loaded with 4 and 5 stars. Really hoping we can land this one and have a go-to scorer for years to come.

I'm not sure he would replace Ayo as they have a top 30 guy Adam Miller who will probably fill that role. They also have a loaded backcourt with Curbelo, Austin Hutcherson, Jacob Grandison, and incoming top 100 freshman Luke Goode.
Brendan259

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:18 am

Brendan259 wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:This is just my opinion, but like Slater said, I think it’s us or Illinois. I feel like he was ours to lose, then took that visit to Illinois and set his commitment date. I tend to think the situation may have flipped, and he’s now Illinois’ to lose. My pessimism stems from the memories of every big time recruit were in on, in a high profile recruitment, doesn't tend to go our way. Their sell to him is probably that he’s the replacement for Ayo Dosunmu and the keys are his when he gets there. But, we have tons of early playing time available then, too.

I'm not sure he would replace Ayo as they have a top 30 guy Adam Miller who will probably fill that role. They also have a loaded backcourt with Curbelo, Austin Hutcherson, Jacob Grandison, and incoming top 100 freshman Luke Goode.

Yeah, not sure I agree with it either. But, their fans sure seem to think that’s the sell.
bluejayfan00

Postby Brendan259 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:40 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:
Brendan259 wrote:

Yeah, not sure I agree with it either. But, their fans sure seem to think that’s the sell.

These are the same fans that were certain because of playing time they would land David Jones and Jordan Nesbitt.
Brendan259

Postby Helmzy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:43 pm

LJay wrote:

FWIW TyTy’s dad liked this tweet
Helmzy

Postby Helmzy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Rivals prediction for Illinois by Rob Cassidy
Helmzy

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting