2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG TyTy Washington (Decommitted)

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 am

I have to believe we will try to get an impact ttansfwr qe are gonna be really young and need some more experience. Of course the question is if we can land one now.....
Jet915

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 am

PHXJayFan wrote:
Realhoops wrote:
PHXJayFan wrote: How we fill his decommitment is really going to shape how I think about Mac going forward

Well that's a shame if you're going to base your opinion of Mac on how we replace this one kid who decommitted very late and when pretty much every known quality recruit is already committed somewhere else ...

There’s still going to be the ability to add a quality player transfer wise at least. I’m not asking for some 5 star replacement. I’m asking for a decent cog that will fill a spot.

And I'm saying that if this one "replacement" is the whole basis for your opinion of this man going forward, you're terribly narrow sighted.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby PHXJayFan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Realhoops wrote:And I'm saying that if this one "replacement" is the whole basis for your opinion of this man going forward, you're terribly narrow sighted.

I think it’s going to be a signal as to how recruiting might go for him going forward. If we’re able to land a top transfer as we have in the past, then I’ll feel a little more confident in Mac’s ability to recruit in the future after this incident, if he’s not, we’ll then I’ll have my doubts. I guess I should say it’s the difference between being cautiously pessimistic or cautiously optimistic
PHXJayFan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 pm

If anyone remembers Blake Wesley, the kid who had us in his top 5 or 6 before picking Notre Dame, commented on an Instagram post of TyTy decommitting saying "the coach is crazy"

Not great if others around the country feel the same
bluejayfan00

Postby mannygakou » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:37 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:If anyone remembers Blake Wesley, the kid who had us in his top 5 or 6 before picking Notre Dame, commented on an Instagram post of TyTy decommitting saying "the coach is crazy"

Not great if others around the country feel the same

It's going to take a lot of work for Mac to build trust in the recruiting circles
mannygakou

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:43 pm

drbluejay wrote:Earlier I gave Ty only an 80% chance of signing. He committed something like 3 or 4 days before the end of NLI day.
If he was 100%, there would have been no reason not to sign back in November. I always felt something was fishy with him not signing and figured he was leaving all options open without announcing it.

I remember this. And I remember a few posters giving you shit about it too...
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Altmanforprez » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:01 pm

TyTy liked Nick Bahe’s tweet last night saying “Big Boy Performance from Creighton!!!!!!” Obviously doesn’t a mean a ton, but you like to see he’s not completely moving on and paying attention to what’s gone down the last couple of days.

As Gus Johnson said during the Butler game “The best way to move on is winning”
Altmanforprez

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:55 pm

Gus is now quoting Trifecta? Wow.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby REALITY » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:58 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Gus is now quoting Trifecta? Wow.

Did our game just a half hour ago cure anything? I guess laughter can be a good medicine, but I don't think that goes for recruiting
REALITY

Postby Trifecta » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:13 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Gus is now quoting Trifecta? Wow.

Huh? WTF does that mean? Am I unintentionally famous (notorious?) somehow and I missed it? lol
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting