2020 Rati Andronikashvili Commit

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Rati Andronikashvili Commit

Postby Durango Jay » Thu May 07, 2020 5:03 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Initial impressions and questions:

- Does he redshirt or does Modestas Koncleris (as you can see, I'm practicing spelling their names)? Based on nothing but the video package and what I perceive to be team needs, I'd like to see Mr. Andronikashvili on the court this upcoming season.

If he did redshirt and he played all four years, he would be 25 years old at graduation. I would suggest he doesn’t have the time to play without pay until he’s 25. Young people are anxious to earn money, and I can’t blame them.
Durango Jay

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Durango Jay wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Initial impressions and questions:

- Does he redshirt or does Modestas Koncleris (as you can see, I'm practicing spelling their names)? Based on nothing but the video package and what I perceive to be team needs, I'd like to see Mr. Andronikashvili on the court this upcoming season.

If he did redshirt and he played all four years, he would be 25 years old at graduation. I would suggest he doesn’t have the time to play without pay until he’s 25. Young people are anxious to earn money, and I can’t blame them.

No way he redshirts, we need guard depth.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Thu May 07, 2020 5:10 pm

This kid looks legit. I doubt he stays more than a couple years but who knows. Zero chance of a redshirt.

I think all foreign players should be looked at as less than four year players.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu May 07, 2020 5:12 pm

LJay wrote:This kid looks legit. I doubt he stays more than a couple years but who knows. Zero chance of a redshirt.

I think all foreign players should be looked at as less than four year players.

Absolutely agree that will play now and that he won’t be here 4 years.
JayPharmAlum

Postby D Jay Fan » Thu May 07, 2020 5:15 pm

White&BlueDude wrote:

I would use this post as a recruiting tool. Twice Mamukelashvili talks about how Creighton will really develop Rati. Gotta love when opposing players have that much respect for us.
D Jay Fan

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:26 pm

D Jay Fan wrote:
White&BlueDude wrote:

I would use this post as a recruiting tool. Twice Mamukelashvili talks about how Creighton will really develop Rati. Gotta love when opposing players have that much respect for us.

Yeah, especially after what DJ did to him!
Jet915

Postby Venturajay » Thu May 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Looks legit, long and athletic. Looks like he is D-1 ready.
Venturajay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:53 pm

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 146923969/

“ This was a big pickup for Creighton as Andronikashvili – who will be graded as a four-star prospect when 247Sports ranks him nationally in the 2020 class – gives the Bluejays one of the top point guards entering college next season.”

“ The 6-foot-4, 190-pound point guard has very good size for the position to go with long arms. He has a slight frame and will need to get stronger but overcomes that with his size, skill and vision.

Andronikashvili’s passing ability is easily his best attribute. He’s an ambidextrous passer with excellent vision and makes extremely difficult passes look easy.
What makes Andronikashvili’s vision so dangerous for opponents is that he is also an excellent ball-handler who uses his ball skills and savvy to get into the paint and create for others.
While Andronikashvili can be turnover prone and can force the issue at times, strength, coaching and maturity should help there at the next level.

As a scorer, Andronikashvili is best as a slasher. He is a creative finisher who can score around the rim with both hands.

Andronikashvili has improved as a three-point shooter over the years but it is still an area where there is plenty of work to be done. Better shot selection will help some but he’s far more comfortable shooting off the bounce than catch but is still inconsistent as a shooter in general.
Defensively, Andronikashvili’s size, length and instincts should help him guard multiple perimeter positions at the next level, especially as he gets stronger.”

“ Landing Andronikashvili was a big deal for Creighton and gives the Bluejays an exciting player and dynamic passer who has significant international experience for an incoming freshman.”
bluejayfan00

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:32 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Creighton-basketball-recruiting-Rati-Andronikashvili-commitment-evaluation-146923969/

“ This was a big pickup for Creighton as Andronikashvili – who will be graded as a four-star prospect when 247Sports ranks him nationally in the 2020 class – gives the Bluejays one of the top point guards entering college next season.”

“ The 6-foot-4, 190-pound point guard has very good size for the position to go with long arms. He has a slight frame and will need to get stronger but overcomes that with his size, skill and vision.

Andronikashvili’s passing ability is easily his best attribute. He’s an ambidextrous passer with excellent vision and makes extremely difficult passes look easy.
What makes Andronikashvili’s vision so dangerous for opponents is that he is also an excellent ball-handler who uses his ball skills and savvy to get into the paint and create for others.
While Andronikashvili can be turnover prone and can force the issue at times, strength, coaching and maturity should help there at the next level.

As a scorer, Andronikashvili is best as a slasher. He is a creative finisher who can score around the rim with both hands.

Andronikashvili has improved as a three-point shooter over the years but it is still an area where there is plenty of work to be done. Better shot selection will help some but he’s far more comfortable shooting off the bounce than catch but is still inconsistent as a shooter in general.
Defensively, Andronikashvili’s size, length and instincts should help him guard multiple perimeter positions at the next level, especially as he gets stronger.”

“ Landing Andronikashvili was a big deal for Creighton and gives the Bluejays an exciting player and dynamic passer who has significant international experience for an incoming freshman.”

Impressive, sounds like we got a good one.
Jet915

Postby bluejayb13 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:50 pm

His commitment seems to have broken our 247 page lol. Lists us as having 6 PGs now.
bluejayb13

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting