2020 Rati Andronikashvili Commit

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2020 Rati Andronikashvili Commit

Postby go_jays » Thu May 07, 2020 10:18 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:Welcome to Creighton Rati!

The thing that impresses me the most in the video is the way he plays angles, in all faucets (driving, shooting and passing) Basketball is a game of angles. With that skill set and knowledge you don't have to be the biggest and fastest, but you can be very effective as shown in his highlight video.

I think he will fit in nicely with the ball movement and style of play of Creighton.

He actually reminds me a little bit of McDermott in that respect. Someone who doesn't play above the rim... but really knows how to play below it. He is really sneaky in the lane and around the rim.
go_jays

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri May 08, 2020 12:29 am

Mitch and Marcus are probably going to play 32-35 MPG each, Denzel and DJ will probably be in the 28-30 range, and the three bigs will eat up all of the center minutes (minus spot small-ball minutes). That leaves 30-40 MPG leftover for Antwann, Shereef and Rati and who plays what will depend on what they show Mac. Rati could be an important piece off the bench or he could play spot minutes depending on what he shows and what kind of progress Reef and Antwann make.

He needs some polishing but I really like the baseline skill set there.He seems like he's going to be fun to watch and has more upside than most of us expected from whoever was going to fill that scholarship. Great pick-up by the staff. Huss has obviously been on him a long time too based on his quotes in the ESPN story.
JacobPadilla

Postby mightyskid » Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 am

Could Creighton be heading in the direction of another Jesuit program, one of which has had VERY NICE success and more than any other (Jesuit, mid-major, small program......) over the last 10+ years?

Seems CU might be seeing the benefit and maybe when Few steps down?
CU might be working to establish a better position in recruiting foreign players?
Maybe a plan is in place when Coach Mac steps away?
Maybe Raz, before he steps away, has a plan when Coach Mac steps away?
Maybe that ties into the overall future plan for the program?
I know, might be over-thinking this or maybe giving way to much credit to those already in place, who are leading the program......
just saying/asking, MAYBE?

Gonzaga Foreign players by class;
19-20 = Serbia, Lithuania, Russia, France, Mali & France (6)
18-19 = Serbia, France, Japan & France (4)
17-18 = France, Denmark, Japan & France (4)
16-17 = Canada, France, Poland, Japan & Denmark (5)
15-16 = Lithuania, Poland & Canada (3)
14-15 = Canada, Lithuania, Poland & Canada (4)
13-14 = Poland & Canada (2)
12-13 = Canada, Germany, Canada, Poland & French-Ivorian (5)
11-12 = Canada, Germany, Canada, French-Ivorian, Germany & France (6)
10-11 = Canada, Canada, Canada, Germany, Germany & France (6)

Creighton Foreign players by class;
20-21 = Georgia, Lithuania, & Australia (3)
19-20 = Australia & Mexico (2)
18-19 = Slovenia, Australia & Australia (3)
17-18 = Slovenia & Australia (2)
16-17 = Slovenia & Philippines (2)
15-16 = Slovenia (1)
14-15 = None (0)
13-14 = Canada (1)
12-13 = Canada & Venezuela (2)
11-12 = Canada & Venezuela (2)
10-11 = Canada & Venezuela (2)
mightyskid

Postby #RollJays » Fri May 08, 2020 6:23 am

JacobPadilla wrote:Mitch and Marcus are probably going to play 32-35 MPG each, Denzel and DJ will probably be in the 28-30 range, and the three bigs will eat up all of the center minutes (minus spot small-ball minutes). That leaves 30-40 MPG leftover for Antwann, Shereef and Rati and who plays what will depend on what they show Mac. Rati could be an important piece off the bench or he could play spot minutes depending on what he shows and what kind of progress Reef and Antwann make.

He needs some polishing but I really like the baseline skill set there.He seems like he's going to be fun to watch and has more upside than most of us expected from whoever was going to fill that scholarship. Great pick-up by the staff. Huss has obviously been on him a long time too based on his quotes in the ESPN story.

Definitely agree that this signing exceeds what we thought we would find to fill out the rotation.

Also solidified that there is no reason for any of us to follow recruiting until after the fact.
#RollJays

Postby hilltopalum » Fri May 08, 2020 8:21 am

Addition of Rati and Modestas signals to me that the Jays are going all in on this year. I think at this point they are done adding for the off season, barring any more impressive transfers entering the portal. I think they liked guys like Bieniemy, Salnave, Grill, Gibson, Carey but must feel comfortable with the idea they can land a huge 2021 class. Thus, load the deck with prospects and warm bodies in 2020-2021. I think Rati is more than a warm body, but he definitely needs to clean some things up with his game. That said, he has international experience at the highest level. You cant replicate that.
hilltopalum

Postby jays911 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:51 am

mightyskid wrote:Could Creighton be heading in the direction of another Jesuit program, one of which has had VERY NICE success and more than any other (Jesuit, mid-major, small program......) over the last 10+ years?

Seems CU might be seeing the benefit and maybe when Few steps down?
CU might be working to establish a better position in recruiting foreign players?
Maybe a plan is in place when Coach Mac steps away?
Maybe Raz, before he steps away, has a plan when Coach Mac steps away?
Maybe that ties into the overall future plan for the program?
I know, might be over-thinking this or maybe giving way to much credit to those already in place, who are leading the program......
just saying/asking, MAYBE?

Gonzaga Foreign players by class;
19-20 = Serbia, Lithuania, Russia, France, Mali & France (6)
18-19 = Serbia, France, Japan & France (4)
17-18 = France, Denmark, Japan & France (4)
16-17 = Canada, France, Poland, Japan & Denmark (5)
15-16 = Lithuania, Poland & Canada (3)
14-15 = Canada, Lithuania, Poland & Canada (4)
13-14 = Poland & Canada (2)
12-13 = Canada, Germany, Canada, Poland & French-Ivorian (5)
11-12 = Canada, Germany, Canada, French-Ivorian, Germany & France (6)
10-11 = Canada, Canada, Canada, Germany, Germany & France (6)

Creighton Foreign players by class;
20-21 = Georgia, Lithuania, & Australia (3)
19-20 = Australia & Mexico (2)
18-19 = Slovenia, Australia & Australia (3)
17-18 = Slovenia & Australia (2)
16-17 = Slovenia & Philippines (2)
15-16 = Slovenia (1)
14-15 = None (0)
13-14 = Canada (1)
12-13 = Canada & Venezuela (2)
11-12 = Canada & Venezuela (2)
10-11 = Canada & Venezuela (2)

Ras is on record as saying we need to emulate the Zags.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby shadow » Fri May 08, 2020 9:35 am

I believe Mr Shadow intimated The next Zag comparison when discussing the Sallis possibility previously!
shadow

Postby bleedblue » Fri May 08, 2020 11:22 am

Really like his ability to drive and dish. Could be huge for getting shooters open and might even be able to take the pressure off of Marcus a bit and allow him some more spot up opportunities. He will have a learning curve but the potential of an offense group of MZ, Rati, Ballock, Jones and Bishop is very exciting, might look like the globe trotters with that line up and passing ability.
bleedblue

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 am

long limbed players are awesome! he fills a great need - slashing and handling on a team that is already solid on outside shooting. just picturing him pulling down rebounds and jumpstarting our transition O with regularity.

if he can play good defense he should get a lot of minutes.
Jaysker12

Postby Durango Jay » Fri May 08, 2020 1:09 pm

shadow wrote:I believe Mr Shadow intimated The next Zag comparison when discussing the Sallis possibility previously!

Yes, let us not steal your thunder. LOL
Durango Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting