2021 PG Ryan Nembhard (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 PG Ryan Nembhard (Signed)

Postby Bluejoe » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:34 am

Agreed. Such great talent coming in, as well as already here.
I also think John is very underrated. Just like Ryan was before the latest ESPN update.
Bluejoe

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:47 pm

not sour grapes on tyty, anyone think Ryan looks bigger than him? Not in terms of height, but looking at their shoulders. Ryan seems to have a more solid build.

I think Tyty will be special but its difficult to be a consistent scorer as a true freshman. I'd be surprised if he isn't an all-conf player by year 2
Jaysker12

Postby mel ott » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Real Hoops:People really, just in general, need to let Ty Ty go and quit acting like him not coming to play here is the single worst thing that has ever happened to Creighton basketball. Kid may end up being an absolute super star and a huge loss. Or he might not -- he still hasn't played a second of division 1 basketball, just like all of our incoming players. And there are countless players every year who are incredibly highly touted and end up not really living up to the hype.

It would have been well worth all the excitement and buzz if we had a borderline top 10 player like Ty Ty coming in, for sure. But at the same time, I saw Ty Ty play against Ryan twice last year and honestly felt like Ryan outplayed him both times. Ryan is ranked considerably lower -- but *he* is the one that led his team to the national championship and was the MVP of the national championships. And when you add in Rati, Miller, Kalkbrenner, O'Connell, JC, etc., we have a *ton* of highly ranked talent coming in to play for Creighton next year.

This isn't like a few years ago where losing out on somebody like Ty Ty would have been devastating because it would have been the difference between having one of those top level talents and having none at all -- we still have a ton of talent coming in right now that is unlike what we used to see.

Well said RealHoops. Love the competitiveness and toughness these guys seem to possess as well as their talent level. Mac and staff have ben successful in bringing in the talent and team first character guys like Ryan.
mel ott

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:09 pm

247 composite updated after ESPN ranking, Ryan now up to #87.
Jet915

Postby jon4thejays » Sun May 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Ryan picks up his first assist today with Kaluma!
jon4thejays

Postby Dough Boy » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:46 pm

Dough Boy

Previous

Return to Recruiting