2022 Wing Isaac Traudt (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 Wing Isaac Traudt (Signed)

Postby #RollJays » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:12 am

Pretty obvious that’s been in the works for awhile.
#RollJays

Postby Helmzy » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:12 am

Lets go! Not done either!!
Helmzy

Postby REALITY » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:14 am

LFG!
Interesting thing to me is, assuming no one else leaves (big “if” mind you) is that it presumably means Mason will be playing more of the wing going forward instead of the 4.
REALITY

Postby jaysfor3 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:36 am

It will be really exciting to see Isaac in the Creighton system, especially with his versatility as a big man.

My guess is that Art is going to go pro (would be awesome to have him back though) and this will open up minutes for people like MM, Traudt, Green, ...
jaysfor3

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:53 am

Helmzy wrote:Lets go! Not done either!!

Not done adding legit transfer talent? Or not done with some good news (current guys returning?)
bluejayfan00

Postby HaRdWoOd » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:06 am

REALITY wrote:LFG!
Interesting thing to me is, assuming no one else leaves (big “if” mind you) is that it presumably means Mason will be playing more of the wing going forward instead of the 4.

Its really a 4 out offense. They are all on the wing except the center. I think Miller, Traudt and Kaluma if he is still here, will share the same position.
Love this kid and his versatility.
HaRdWoOd

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:09 am

HaRdWoOd wrote:

Its really a 4 out offense. They are all on the wing except the center. I think Miller, Traudt and Kaluma if he is still here, will share the same position.

You can play 2 of those guys at the same time. Miller likely isn't going to play the "4" because of his build and defense. Kaluma and Traudt can play the 4 on both ends. But outside of the 5 man, everyone else can play anywhere really
bluejayfan00

Postby REALITY » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:14 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:
HaRdWoOd wrote:

You can play 2 of those guys at the same time. Miller likely isn't going to play the "4" because of his build and defense. Kaluma and Traudt can play the 4 on both ends. But outside of the 5 man, everyone else can play anywhere really

Offensively, yes. They could all play together on that side. Defensively is the challenge because you're asking one of them for sure to guard a smaller, quicker wing and maybe even two of them depending upon the matchup. Like would you trust Traudt, Kaluma, and Miller to guard from our previous team DJ, Mitch, and TSA?
REALITY

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:28 am

I don't think all 3. That's why I said 2 of the 3. If we run out a *hypothetical* lineup of R2, Trey, Miller, Kaluma/Traudt, Kalk- then Mason is likely guarding the smaller and quicker player. Kaluma can guard multiple positions too. I think Isaac is probably more likely to guard traditional 4's.
bluejayfan00

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:34 am

You add the talent and let it works itself out. Best guys earn the minutes. You're going to have 12-13 scholarship guys on a roster and not everyone will get minutes. Who plays where will depend on what the final roster look like and what kinds of progress the young guys make.

I think the ideal version of this team features more playmaking off the bounce than less (see this year's lineup vs. last year's with only one true ball-handler and two power forwards in Hawkins and Kaluma), but you have to play to your roster and make the most of what you have. I'm not sure where Mason fits best (I think he's more of a 4 than a 3 at this point based on ball skills and lateral mobility, but we'll see where he's at after another offseason of skill development).

Regardless of who else on the roster, I feel good about Isaac earning a spot in the rotation next year at the 4 spot.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting