Danilo Djuricic - Transfer

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Danilo Djuricic - Transfer

Postby Trifecta » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Does anyone have info on this?

Trifecta

Re: Danilo Djuricic - Transfer

Postby REALITY » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:27 pm

No, but according to ESPN he's a 6'8 senior (grad transfer?) forward from Harvard that has averaged about 6 PPG on 46% shooting and 36% from 3 on about 2 3s per game in his last two seasons. Also averaged 4 RPG and played 19 MPG in that same two season span. That's all I got.

Maybe this is just us doing due diligence with a transfer, but it's interesting that he's (apparently) the first transfer we reach out to as opposed to, say, a point guard, which one might think is more a position of need in the off-season.
REALITY

Postby LJay » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:39 pm

You do know that Creighton has the pass-first Top 100’ish point guard for the best high school team in the nation and a scoring point who is now a Top 30 player in the incoming class, right?
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Realhoops » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 pm

LJay wrote:You do know that Creighton has the pass-first Top 100’ish point guard for the best high school team in the nation and a scoring point who is now a Top 30 player in the incoming class, right?

... not to mention Rati and, potentially, Marcus still .., and Shareef ... and Jett.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby REALITY » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 pm

LJay wrote:You do know that Creighton has the pass-first Top 100’ish point guard for the best high school team in the nation and a scoring point who is now a Top 30 player in the incoming class, right?

Aware of these facts. I'm assuming Tyty will play almost exclusively off the ball in a TSA role. That leaves Nembhard, who's pretty well-regarded and looks really good - but is still just going to be a frosh (let's not expect him to be Z in his first season), and Rati, who's likely going to still be working back from his ACL injury. Plus Reef and Canfield, I guess. To me, taking an experienced transfer PG makes a bit of sense.
REALITY

Postby section221jay » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 pm

I fully expect Z back next year.
section221jay

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 pm

section221jay wrote:I fully expect Z back next year.

Thats what I was thinking last year about TSA around this time.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby CPJays » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Maybe some post depth if Epperson decides to hang it up? I want the best for the guy, but it really seems like injuries have done him in.
CPJays

Postby JD4JAYS » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:07 am

CPJays wrote:Maybe some post depth if Epperson decides to hang it up? I want the best for the guy, but it really seems like injuries have done him in.

I’ve thought the same thing myself.
JD4JAYS

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:39 am

Danilo's high school tape is solid. Those dunks in the dunk contest - not bad! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts59nFQef54
My guess is he would be bright enough to figure out CU's offense too, coming from Harvard.

To the points above, I don't think PG grad transfer is or should be an offseason priority. While that position, depth specifically, may be a weakness this year - the Jays will have a lot of good ball-handlers and facilitators next year. It'd be a head scratcher to me if CU was targeting PGs with the way the roster looks for 2021-2022.

Personally, I'd love to find a grad transfer that is 6'9", 260 pounds who can clear space underneath. I don't care how talented a scorer he is. Someone who can outmuscle our opponents, since the Jays always seem to be on the short end of that stick. In the golden era of the BJU, said player was known as a "big banger." Does Charles Oakley have any sons we can recruit?

It should be one of the more interesting off-seasons Creighton has had in a while:
Will Marcus play his senior year?
Will any of our seniors (Mitch, Denzel, DJ) stay with the COVID rule?
Will Jacob come back?
Will there be any attrition or unexpected transfers out of Creighton?
How good is Rati? (I keep forgetting how highly that kid was ranked.)
How good is Modestas Kancleris? (I am permanently scarred by that video showing his "highlights," so I don't have high hopes, which is totally unfair based off one video.)
- Also, did you know his last name is pronounced - Con-SLARE-iss? I didn't until a few minutes ago.
Will other programs come for Coach Mac?
Will Jett test the NBA waters?
How many pancakes and protein shakes can we force Kalk to consume from May to September?

I hope our offseason doesn't start until April.
vivid_dude

Next

Return to Recruiting