Danilo Djuricic - Transfer

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Danilo Djuricic - Transfer

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:23 pm

I agree I think we need another big. We will have Bishop, Miller and Kalkbrenner for C and some PF if we dont go small. Can't imagine Epperson being a big key if he even comes back.
Jet915

Postby Brendan259 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Jet915 wrote:I agree I think we need another big. We will have Bishop, Miller and Kalkbrenner for C and some PF if we dont go small. Can't imagine Epperson being a big key if he even comes back.

If Epperson doesn't come back I think we potentially look at Kristian Kocab from the Czech Republic in the 2021 class. He currently has a Florida offer and is playing at a prep school in Tennessee.
Brendan259

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Assuming none of the seniors return and no transfer attrition:

1) Marcus Zegarowski, Shereef Mitchell, Ryan Nembhard, Rati Andronikashvili
2) TyTy Washington
3) Alex O'Connell, John Christofilis
4) Antwann Jones, Mason Miller, Modestas Kancleris
5) Christian Bishop, Ryan Kalkbrenner, Jacob Epperson

Zegarowski and Epperson could open up two more roster spots.

Assuming Zegarowski deoesn't return, unless you can get a grad transfer at point guard you feel like could be an all-conference type of guy right away, I think you just go young in 2021-22 and build for 2022-23. Marcus was starting halfway through his freshman year, and that turned out pretty well I'd say.

If Hunter Sallis doesn't choose Creighton and Zegarowski doesn't return, I think you look for a solid guard/wing to add perimeter depth. I think how they fill out the roster depends on how they feel about Rati, Modestas and Jacob health-wise heading into next season.
JacobPadilla

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:46 pm

i wonder if it's best to just take lumps at PG getting the young guys experience.

even Mo - who was an elite PG in Mac system - and has off the charts hoops IQ and was in the program for an entire year before just didn't click until about midway through his jr year.

so - bringing in a grad transfer PG - while may be able to take the starting spot - and be an effective contributor by midseason - we might just be better off long term running with Reef, Rati and Ryan
cujaysfan

Postby cu8493 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Jet915 wrote:I agree I think we need another big. We will have Bishop, Miller and Kalkbrenner for C and some PF if we dont go small. Can't imagine Epperson being a big key if he even comes back.

I’m looking forward to a Groselle-esque finish to Jacob’s career. Maybe not next year, but for sure his senior season after another year of healing and solid work in the weight room.
cu8493

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:42 pm

I think it’s far more likely he winds up at a place like Drake than him ever doing anything major here.
HandDownManDown

Previous

Return to Recruiting