2023 PG Josiah Dotzler, Bellevue West (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2023 PG Josiah Dotzler, Bellevue West (Commit)

Postby RVB » Mon May 15, 2023 12:08 pm

Josiah Dotzler has a familiar last name, but he wants his own legacy at Creighton

https://omaha.com/sports/college/creigh ... 8cfd9.html
RVB

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:44 am

JacobPadilla

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:54 am

That's awesome. The Dotzlers are great representatives of the city. Congrats Josiah!
Jaysker12

Postby mel ott » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:02 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:That's awesome. The Dotzlers are great representatives of the city. Congrats Josiah!

+1 so impressive !
mel ott

Postby Dough Boy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:12 pm

Dough Boy

Postby #RollJays » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:45 am

This one will be one to watch as well. Unless they can talk him into being a practice player with a redshirt next year.
#RollJays

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:53 am

#RollJays wrote:This one will be one to watch as well. Unless they can talk him into being a practice player with a redshirt next year.

Knowledge or feel? I would think next year he sees more minutes as a backup 1
BenningtonBluejay

Postby #RollJays » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:07 am

BenningtonBluejay wrote:
#RollJays wrote:This one will be one to watch as well. Unless they can talk him into being a practice player with a redshirt next year.

It's a fluid situation. He doesn't feel like he fits their system and wants to play a lot. He loves Creighton but don't think he is going to accept a 5-10 minute (if that) per game role next season. May be able to talk to him into actually using his redshirt year and developing with the promise of a bigger role down the line.
#RollJays

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:16 am

#RollJays wrote:
BenningtonBluejay wrote:

It's a fluid situation. He doesn't feel like he fits their system and wants to play a lot. He loves Creighton but don't think he is going to accept a 5-10 minute (if that) per game role next season. May be able to talk to him into actually using his redshirt year and developing with the promise of a bigger role down the line.

He one thousand percent should have redshirted *this* year -- it was pretty obvious to anyone who has followed Creighton basketball for the last decade or so that he wasn't going to see significant playing time this year with Ash, Trey, and Bello all ahead of him. It made no sense at all that he didn't redshirt.

I hope he stays. I like what we did get to see and think he could have a huge future here. And next year he would, right now, immediately be PG#2 on the roster, assuming Ash is back. That alone would mean an opportunity for significant minutes.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby NUgradCUfan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:19 am

#RollJays wrote:
BenningtonBluejay wrote:

Ty Davis coming in probably isn't helping matters for either. I think Ty has a chance to see early minutes to spell Ash due to his size alone as a PG.
NUgradCUfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting