2023 PG Josiah Dotzler, Bellevue West (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Josiah Dotzler Belle West Soph.

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:29 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Josiah needs a good July, but the truth is he didn't really play very much for MOKAN in the spring. They're loaded at guard including a 4-star kid in Trey Green.

to pick your brain a bit, Jacob -- it seems odd that he played for a team where minutes were hard to come by. I'm totally unfamiliar with how the AAU sign-up process works, and the following questions probably reflect my ignorance. Was he promised the impossible by MOKAN staff? Did he take a risk that didn't pay off? Because it doesn't make sense for him to be put in that position, when the whole point of playing AAU is recruiting exposure.
Jaysker12

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:38 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:Josiah needs a good July, but the truth is he didn't really play very much for MOKAN in the spring. They're loaded at guard including a 4-star kid in Trey Green.

to pick your brain a bit, Jacob -- it seems odd that he played for a team where minutes were hard to come by. I'm totally unfamiliar with how the AAU sign-up process works, and the following questions probably reflect my ignorance. Was he promised the impossible by MOKAN staff? Did he take a risk that didn't pay off? Because it doesn't make sense for him to be put in that position, when the whole point of playing AAU is recruiting exposure.

Josiah played at OSA up until this year. The last two years, OSA played on the Adidas 3SSB circuit. OSA (top teams now rebranded as ETG) dropped down to the Adidas Gold Gauntlet for this year (the second division). Josiah had a chance to play for one of the best AAU programs in the country that plays on the EYBL (generally regarded as the best AAU circuit) in MOKAN, and he and his family decided to take it. I don't know what MOKAN told him or what their expectations were.
JacobPadilla

Postby #RollJays » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:06 am

Committed
#RollJays

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:09 am

vivid_dude

Postby Helmzy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:13 am

vivid_dude wrote:

RDJ!
Helmzy

Postby JayPharmAlum » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 am

Sounds like a great kid with tons of upside. Also awesome that he’s a family legacy who grew up as part of the program and now gets to be a part of it. Congrats Josiah.
JayPharmAlum

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 am

I approve.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Eye of the Jay » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:17 am

Love to see us get local kids and am excited about Josiah’s future in the program. Hard to believe it’ll be 14 years since Josh took the court and only really 5 PGs (Antoine, Austin, Mo, MZ, Nembhard) in between the Dotzlers.

Feels like yesterday that Josh nailed that 3 to tie it up late at Nebraska in 2008. Looking forward to some articles/interviews on the commit.
Eye of the Jay

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:22 am

WBR's Matt DeMarinis with more on the newest Bluejay:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/bellevue ... creighton/
WBR Tom

Re: 2023 PG Josiah Dotzler, Bellevue West (Commit)

Postby anotherjayfan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:27 pm

This is an exciting commit, but does leave me wondering where the PG minutes are going to go in the next couple years!
anotherjayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting