Transfers - 2021

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfers - 2021

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:29 am

Jet915 wrote:With Tyty gone the transfer recruitment this summer will determine whether Mac can still recruit and if it will be reloading or rebuilding...

Not sure I agree. I don't think the transfer market, which will be a shit show, is a good indicator. I think the best indicator will be if our 2021 class stays intact as is, and how our 2022 class looks.
bluejayfan00

Postby REALITY » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:37 am

Realhoops wrote:
Jet915 wrote:With Tyty gone the transfer recruitment this summer will determine whether Mac can still recruit and if it will be reloading or rebuilding...

No it won't.

Stop with this immediate litmus test that not landing some absolute superstar immediately means he will not be able to recruit anymore. EVERYTHING is so out of the norm right now.

Whether the other recruits stick, how we recruit kids in the next class, how many current players leave and end up being outspoken, etc., all have way more relevance to me in indicating the ability to recruit going forward than TyTy as one person who may or may not have decommitted because of this and whether he can somehow snap his fingers and land an Ayo Dosunmu level transfer immediately.

I'm with Jet on this, actually. With 2 or maybe 3 openings, barring any transfers (which might be red flags themselves), we're going to pursue the transfer market. If we can't fill any of those or if we strike out a ton with recruits going places like MVC or other mid-major schools over us, but wind up with a head scratcher or two commit (think Keion Alexander or Malik Albert), that's a sign that recruiting is in jeopardy, imo.
REALITY

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:23 am

Mac has gotten us to a sweet 16 so if he wants to stay he deserves time to continue to build the program. After his recent issues, I'm just pointing out that recruiting transfers this summer will be a good indicator if there are problems on the horizon regarding recruiting. If we start getting players whose other offers are mid-majors (ie marlon stewart) then it might be a sign of rebuilding vs. reloading.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:27 am

This transfer market will be crazy this summer, free for all free agency, teams have (look at cincy and usf) had almost whole teams enter the transfer portal. It will be chaos and corruption run rampant imo....
Jet915

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm

I don't think this year is an indicator as to whether Mac will be able to recruit here long term.

While he may have some issues since the incident is so fresh, his future actions will start to hold more weight than 1 sentence at a moment in time (though that will always be there).

For this to work long term, they'll need to be intentional, genuine and "appropriately" public about being part of the conversation. When I say appropriately public I mean they can't just talk, they need to do and be able to point to outcomes.

If we have a bunch of guys leave this year and next years (2022) recruiting class is a shambles, then yes...you need to look hard at moving on.

For better or worse, he's earned the right to coach 1 more year and determine if his words have poisoned the well so much that he can't make it work at a high level anymore.

I'm hoping they do the right things, get the credit for it and continue to build this thing into someday being elite 8 or final 4. From there it's all gravy.
Ethanfor3

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:36 pm

Possibly the best D2 transfer Cam Martin (
@BigCam30
) has told me that Creighton, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado State, Stetson, Hawaii, Arizona State, SEMO, and Sam Houston State are the schools that he will be picking from. Others are out of the picture.

Averaged 25 PPG.

He also shot 45% from 3 this year. Oklahoma and Texas don't currently have coaches so you have to think we have a great shot here.
Jet915

Postby bluejayfan2054 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Watched Cam's highlights and he looks legit. However, in his interview he said he wants to go somewhere where he can essentially be "The Guy" and keep his minutes and usage the same as it was at the D2 level. That's a lot to promise a D2 player unless we plan on starting him alongside Bishop
bluejayfan2054

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:31 pm

bluejayfan2054 wrote:Watched Cam's highlights and he looks legit. However, in his interview he said he wants to go somewhere where he can essentially be "The Guy" and keep his minutes and usage the same as it was at the D2 level. That's a lot to promise a D2 player unless we plan on starting him alongside Bishop

My guess is Bishop and Miller at the 4 and Martin and Kalkbrenner at the 5.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm

Surprised to see 2 D2 guys already mentioned as potential in-transfers. It's the very rare D2 kid who successfully makes
the transition to D1. I'll stick with 247's list and Bossi's list.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Baske ... ferPortal/

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 62978913_1

Who is Martin?
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bugmuncher » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Jet915 wrote:Possibly the best D2 transfer Cam Martin (
@BigCam30
) has told me that Creighton, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado State, Stetson, Hawaii, Arizona State, SEMO, and Sam Houston State are the schools that he will be picking from. Others are out of the picture.

Averaged 25 PPG.

He also shot 45% from 3 this year. Oklahoma and Texas don't currently have coaches so you have to think we have a great shot here.

Really an impressive-looking player, even considering the D2 competition. I would LOVE for CU to land him!
bugmuncher

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting