Transfers - 2021

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfers - 2021

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:54 am

I like Cam Martin's game. He looks bigger in videos than his picture. Just because a guy plays D-2 or even NAIA, doesn't mean he can't play at the major level. I have seen small college players over the years and some of these guys can flat out play.
drbluejay

Postby bugmuncher » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 am

drbluejay wrote:I like Cam Martin's game. He looks bigger in videos than his picture. Just because a guy plays D-2 or even NAIA, doesn't mean he can't play at the major level. I have seen small college players over the years and some of these guys can flat out play.

Sign him up!
bugmuncher

Postby REALITY » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:18 pm

drbluejay wrote:I like Cam Martin's game. He looks bigger in videos than his picture. Just because a guy plays D-2 or even NAIA, doesn't mean he can't play at the major level. I have seen small college players over the years and some of these guys can flat out play.

Do you recall one Manny Suarez?
REALITY

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:30 pm

REALITY wrote:

Suarez was a good D2 player but he didn't put up the numbers Martin put up.
Jet915

Postby ZMagic30 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Jet915 wrote:
REALITY wrote:

Suarez was a good D2 player but he didn't put up the numbers Martin put up.

I also don't believe that he had the offers Martin has - which is typically a better barometer than stats
ZMagic30

Postby REALITY » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Guys, I'm just trolling drbluejay. He's "seen" guys that could play D1, but what about Manny Suarez?

I get that Martin could have a Strus-like impact.
REALITY

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:34 pm

At this point, a big that can shoot 3's and is a scorer, sign me up. They are hard to find.
Jet915

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:08 pm

REALITY wrote:

Yes, I remember Mac giving him credit for winning a game for the Jays. I also remember he was a late signee to fill a roll.
Their were 22 players last year who transferred from D2 to D1 including Trevor Lakes at Nebraska.
This year there should be more as it already doubled the 11 transfers in 2017 in just 3 years.
I also remember players like Scottie Pippen who walked on to play NAIA and Dennis Rodman who also played NAIA.
I think it worked out real well for those 2 NAIA players.
drbluejay

Postby Trifecta » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:17 pm

drbluejay wrote:
REALITY wrote:

Yes, I remember Mac giving him credit for winning a game for the Jays. I also remember he was a late signee to fill a roll.
Their were 22 players last year who transferred from D2 to D1 including Trevor Lakes at Nebraska.
This year there should be more as it already doubled the 11 transfers in 2017 in just 3 years.
I also remember players like Scottie Pippen who walked on to play NAIA and Dennis Rodman who also played NAIA.
I think it worked out real well for those 2 NAIA players.

Great analysis. 2 NBA HOFs and Manny Suarez, who (arguably) won Creighton that one game that one time, as examples of D2 players making an impact :roll:

Not saying you are wrong, but what a weird take. We should take the best players available and if quality D2 players are there then grab them. Not a sustainable recipe for success though.
Trifecta

Postby drbluejay » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:42 am

Pointing out that 2 great players came from NAIA is weird? I think it shows that good players are at all levels.
drbluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting