2021 Recruiter of the Year -RoY?

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 Recruiter of the Year -RoY?

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri May 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Looks as though the fartin' illini have moved on. They apparently have coaches Frazier and Alexander onboard and are looking at others...

226ForbesHall
Jevon Mamon, an assistant coach at SIU, has an interesting resume. Extensive ties in Chicago, including Meanstreets. DOBO at Loyola before an assistant at SIU. Could be the 'third' assistant behind Frazier and Alexander. Would be a promotion for him and I don't see him turning us down. Seems every bit as qualified as Chin when he was hired.

He's a defensive minded coach and supposedly a good recruiter. Came to Loyola-Chi from the Chitown HS coaching ranks.
Other names in the mix: Erik Pastrana, Myers Leonard...

jbutts718
Daniyal Robinson
Armond Gates
Will Bailey
Tom Ostrom
Kareem Richardson

from Illinois Loyalty Board
226ForbesHall
WaltJabsco said:
The AC situation at Illinois defies conventional organizational thinking. Illinois basketball is a very good brand (though not Kentucky level). Underwood and Whitman are said to be well-liked professionally and good to work for/with. We are reportedly offering extremely competitive compensation. The program is in the midst of a highly productive period. From an organizational standpoint, we should be very attractive right now. We're ticking all the boxes. So why is our current staff all leaving, and why are we having trouble attracting our top prospective replacements?

I agree with everything you have stated. I, too, as a 'double-alum' and former varsity athlete, hold the U of I in the highest esteem and only want the best for my Alma Mater. It boggles the mind that we're struggling like this.

Good for them...
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby JD4JAYS » Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Ravi Lulla gave a great synopsis of the Huss situation on Unsportsmanlike Conduct yesterday.

https://soundcloud.com/unsportsmanlike- ... hootaround
Last edited by JD4JAYS on Fri May 14, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD4JAYS

Postby plg72 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Yeah, Ravi made some great points here.

JD4JAYS wrote:Ravi Lulla gave a great synopsis of the Huss situation yesterday on Unsportsmanlike Conduct yesterday.

https://soundcloud.com/unsportsmanlike- ... hootaround
plg72

Postby jaysfan3 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Great listen. Loved the Huss as next head coach talk. Ras has some great options when Mac does decide to move on.
jaysfan3

Postby LJay » Fri May 14, 2021 4:11 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:Great listen. Loved the Huss as next head coach talk. Ras has some great options when Mac does decide to move on.

Big Al IS 1-0 as a high major head coach. Can’t do better than 100%!!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Agreed...good listen.

But...who are the "big time" guys that Huss is in on right now?

Could we be lucky enough to score Haluma?

:shock:
Ethanfor3

Postby Jet915 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:Agreed...good listen.

But...who are the "big time" guys that Huss is in on right now?

Could we be lucky enough to score Haluma?

:shock:

Kaluma is a Miller recruit I think...
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Ethan. If you subscribe to BJB, you can gain info on guys Huss is in on.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby mel ott » Fri May 14, 2021 9:59 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Ethan. If you subscribe to BJB, you can gain info on guys Huss is in on.

all should do that!
mel ott

Postby JacobPadilla » Sat May 15, 2021 1:07 am

I haven't confirmed Huss staying myself in any way, but I will vouch for Helmzy in this case after hearing further details about how he heard what he did.

Also, the fact that we haven't heard anything official at this point probably backs up the thought that he's not leaving. He's reportedly had the offer for almost a full week now an he's still here.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting