2021 Recruiter of the Year -RoY?

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 Recruiter of the Year -RoY?

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm

mannygakou wrote:I'm hearing that Huss is gone...which I hope is bad info

Hey Manny, How you doin?
Yes, this is 3-day old news...where ya been?

Rass is doing some damage control/fund raising in order to keep him aboard (we think).

we shall see what happens...
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby drbluejay » Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am

It appears happy wins out again over money. There are many reasons to switch coaching jobs but money should not be one of them. I'm glad Huss took his time and looked at the total picture and not just the money. I assume Creighton gave Huss a raise in salary to show how much he is appreciated.
drbluejay

Postby KenoshaJay » Fri May 14, 2021 8:03 am

drbluejay wrote:It appears happy wins out again over money. There are many reasons to switch coaching jobs but money should not be one of them. I'm glad Huss took his time and looked at the total picture and not just the money. I assume Creighton gave Huss a raise in salary to show how much he is appreciated.

Source?
KenoshaJay

Postby drbluejay » Fri May 14, 2021 8:42 am

KenoshaJay wrote:
drbluejay wrote:It appears happy wins out again over money. There are many reasons to switch coaching jobs but money should not be one of them. I'm glad Huss took his time and looked at the total picture and not just the money. I assume Creighton gave Huss a raise in salary to show how much he is appreciated.

Source?

See men's hoops, 2021 off season
drbluejay

Postby wes134 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:14 am

yeah i was wondering the same thing the only "source" i see is someone on the other thread say he was staying. Soooooooo yeah 100% confirmed???
Feed The Kalk the Ball!!!! The Kalk is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby jaysfan3 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:29 am

wes134 wrote:yeah i was wondering the same thing the only "source" i see is someone on the other thread say he was staying. Soooooooo yeah 100% confirmed???

It’s never going to be confirmed. Creighton is never going to announce it. Helmzy seems to have a source and doesn’t seem to be posting fluff, IMO.
jaysfan3

Postby Altmanforprez » Fri May 14, 2021 9:38 am

Also everyone on the Illinois’ side has essentially stopped saying he is coming, which even a day or two ago wasn’t the case. Not saying it’s 100%, but all signs point to him staying right now.
Altmanforprez

Postby Trifecta » Fri May 14, 2021 11:31 am

No offense to Helmzy, he may very well have some inside source; if so, I appreciate his willingness to share. But everything he's been posting has just been regurgitated info from either the Bluejay Banter or 247Jays message boards or snippets from Twitter. All stuff that can be found without "inside sources," but maybe require some $$$ to get that access on other boards. If that's the case, good on him because Lord knows I don't have the time or desire to play sleuth and consolidate all that info that's floating in the ether :lol:

Not trying to discredit anyone, but unless something is coming from folks that have well-known, documented inside relationships (John Bishop, Nick Bahe, Jacob Padilla, Jon Nyatawa) I'm skeptical until it is official. I've had "sources" before too that amounted to basically scuttlebutt.

Encouraging to see the Illinois side of things think Huss is staying. Hopefully, some of them have inside knowledge, but some of that sentiment is coming from what our board is saying right now too. Could be a bit of an echo chamber.
Trifecta

Postby jaysfan3 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:45 am

Trifecta wrote:No offense to Helmzy, he may very well have some inside source; if so, I appreciate his willingness to share. But everything he's been posting has just been regurgitated info from either the Bluejay Banter or 247Jays message boards or snippets from Twitter. All stuff that can be found without "inside sources," but maybe require some $$$ to get that access on other boards. If that's the case, good on him because Lord knows I don't have the time or desire to play sleuth and consolidate all that info that's floating in the ether :lol:

Not trying to discredit anyone, but unless something is coming from folks that have well-known, documented inside relationships (John Bishop, Nick Bahe, Jacob Padilla, Jon Nyatawa) I'm skeptical until it is official. I've had "sources" before too that amounted to basically scuttlebutt.

Encouraging to see the Illinois side of things think Huss is staying. Hopefully, some of them have inside knowledge, but some of that sentiment is coming from what our board is saying right now too. Could be a bit of an echo chamber.

I belong to Bluejay Banter and I don’t recall them ever stating they heard he was 100% staying. They’ve just said things are looking good. 247 posted after Helmzy, I believe. But anyways, I’ll let Helmzy stick up for himself lol I appreciate the info he provides.
jaysfan3

Postby Trifecta » Fri May 14, 2021 11:55 am

Didn't mean to come off any certain way, and I hope Helmzy doesn't feel the need to defend anything. I'm just another message board schmo so not like what I say matters. As I said, I hope he has sources that back up the confidence of a statement saying Huss is "100% staying." That would be huge from a recruiting standpoint as well as our ability to have some stability going into next season.

All I am saying is that some of that stuff can be found out there, maybe not articulated in the same way or with the same definitive delivery. The overall sentiment for the past couple of days has been swinging to Huss staying. I probably jaded also because there are times things that are considered "done deals" don't always pan out. Johnathan Lawson was supposed to be close to a lock until the last possible second.

My natural distrust for anonymous sources is probably why I don't like to dig too much into recruiting either. I follow from a high level. Plus I get a bad taste in my mouth from folks overanalyzing every tweet, every Instagram like, accounts that spend their whole day tweeting at 17-year-old kids or encouraging others to do the same, etc....
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting