2021 F Arthur Kaluma (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2021 F Arthur Kaluma (Commit)

Postby Mjs5050ss » Sun May 16, 2021 5:39 pm

It was nice that he added Syracuse in his top schools. They should really feel like they won too just getting a mention.
Mjs5050ss

Postby go_jays » Sun May 16, 2021 6:59 pm

I wonder what TyTy is thinking now...
go_jays

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun May 16, 2021 7:05 pm

TyTy is busy trying to get into next years draft. Anything we do is beyond his radar.
HandDownManDown

Postby Venturajay » Sun May 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Nice, GO Jays. Just off a sweet 16 and my favorite player of all time Z going to the pros. Squad looks loaded next year provided everyone shows up.
Venturajay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 am

Count me as 1 that had some concerns as to whether Greg would be wearing a scarlet letter for a while, but this year's class has been nothing short of spectacular!

Congratulations to all of the staff and players for bringing in another big time recruit for this class.

The only boxes left to check in my mind are an athletic 2 guard along with another big to back up kalkbrenner.
Another option is to play small ball at center as we're bigger across the board than we've ever been.

Can't wait to see what else the coaches have up their sleeve.
Ethanfor3

Postby PHXJayFan » Mon May 17, 2021 10:16 am

I feel like they like Kaluma’s ability to distribute so I wouldn’t doubt if we see him used similarly to Bishop in the high post at the very least
PHXJayFan

Postby drbluejay » Mon May 17, 2021 10:49 am

I have Arthur penciled in as the starter at PF along with a possible backup at center.
drbluejay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:58 am

PHXJayFan wrote:I feel like they like Kaluma’s ability to distribute so I wouldn’t doubt if we see him used similarly to Bishop in the high post at the very least

I would guess so as well, but would still feel much more comfortable having another 6'9" plus guy out there that has some bulk.

While we could play with Hawkins, Arthur or potentially Kancleris at the 5 when Kalkbrenner needs a rest, it puts us in a really precarious position if Kalkbrenner were to miss any time.

The rest of the squad has some good size throughout and you could throw a Villanova style lineup out there that could look something like this:

Shereef 6'0"
Alec 6'6"
Antwann 6'6"
Ryan 6'7"
Arthur 6'8"

I just wouldn't want that to be our only choice.

Let's go get a shooting guard and a burly center and call it a day.

This team is really built for the long haul.
Ethanfor3

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 am

Mjs5050ss wrote:It was nice that he added Syracuse in his top schools. They should really feel like they won too just getting a mention.

the sheer ignorance of their message board is pretty entertaining.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/pf-arth ... 70/page-29
Chicagojayfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon May 17, 2021 11:34 am

Ethanfor3 wrote:
PHXJayFan wrote:I feel like they like Kaluma’s ability to distribute so I wouldn’t doubt if we see him used similarly to Bishop in the high post at the very least

I would guess so as well, but would still feel much more comfortable having another 6'9" plus guy out there that has some bulk.

While we could play with Hawkins, Arthur or potentially Kancleris at the 5 when Kalkbrenner needs a rest, it puts us in a really precarious position if Kalkbrenner were to miss any time.

The rest of the squad has some good size throughout and you could throw a Villanova style lineup out there that could look something like this:

Shereef 6'0"
Alec 6'6"
Antwann 6'6"
Ryan 6'7"
Arthur 6'8"

I just wouldn't want that to be our only choice.

Let's go get a shooting guard and a burly center and call it a day.

This team is really built for the long haul.

Agree on the remaining needs: I think that's what the coaches are looking to add as well -- tough backup center and a shooting guard/combo guard type (Rocket Watts?)

I like the fact that we have a ton of long and athletic defenders now who can pretty much switch on anyone defensively, and we have a set of players who can fit into big and small lineups for different matchups.

And, yes, Kaluma can play in that high post spot and put a ton of pressure on the D as he passes so well and can take it on the dribble or roll to the basket as well. Add in a pretty nice touch (I think he can be a very good shooter), and he'll cause problems offensively and defensively for our opposition
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting