KeyShawn Feazell, C transfer (commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: KeyShawn Feazell, C transfer (commit)

Postby Django » Fri May 28, 2021 8:15 pm

jaysfor3 wrote:Holy Dikembe Mutombo! Where did I say that you said he'd be the next Shaq? (And I did not just say that you said he'd be the next Dikembe Mutombo either). Holy Shaq seemed like an apt euphemism for Holy Something Else. But, never mind that.

Your breathless post had him doing everything but shooting t-shirts into the crowd out of a cannon and selling programs in the concourse (the one prediction I will make is that Creighton program sales will hit an all-time high this year), when the likelihood is, you haven't seen him play, just like I haven't. You don't know that he can do any of that stuff and I don't either. I'll be thrilled if he gives us 10-12 solid minutes as Kalk's backup (you still have him backing up Kalk, right, instead of the other way around)? It's not fair to saddle anyone with unrealistic expectations. That'd be like me expecting somebody to understand that "Holy Shaq" doesn't have to mean that I think that someone just compared a new signee to Shaquille O'Neal (although, now that you mention it, you came pretty close).

Anyway, looks like a terrific pickup considering what we needed to round out the roster, and I'm glad he's coming. I'm just not ready yet to describe him as the Second Coming.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Holy Al Gore, you're practically saying that I quoted him as inventing the internet too. Pretty much "just the facts mam," is what I provided on what's been said about him by people that know him better than us or by what he's already accomplished. Did I say he's a solid shooter, post up player, dribbler, or even a starter...etc.? Nope, just optimistic about what he brings as an experienced big man and knowing Creighton's ability to develop there could be some upside...[/quote]

I think this little spat is Feazelled out!
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Altmanforprez » Fri May 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Some people are saying KeyShawn will be the greatest player to put on a Jays’ uniform.
Altmanforprez

Postby Django » Fri May 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Altmanforprez wrote:Some people are saying KeyShawn will be the greatest player to put on a Jays’ uniform.

Isn’t that what you said about Avery Dingman?!
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Altmanforprez » Fri May 28, 2021 8:49 pm

Django wrote:
Altmanforprez wrote:Some people are saying KeyShawn will be the greatest player to put on a Jays’ uniform.

Isn’t that what you said about Avery Dingman?!

Just your prototypical NBA 3 and D player
Altmanforprez

Postby RVB » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:54 am

Challenging transition awaits Creighton transfer big man KeyShawn Feazell

https://omaha.com/challenging-transitio ... 9e27f66a95
RVB

Postby jon4thejays » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:15 pm

Our history with transfer 5’s while short is less than exciting, hopefully KeyShawn breaks the trend.
jon4thejays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:51 pm

RVB wrote:Challenging transition awaits Creighton transfer big man KeyShawn Feazell

https://omaha.com/challenging-transitio ... 9e27f66a95

Good article from the OWH. We really do ask a LOT of our centers -- they burn a ton of energy on both ends of the court, so it's not shocking we rarely have someone play even 25 minutes a game at the position
Chicagojayfan

Postby KenoshaJay » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:27 pm

Nice interview.

Great to have his maturity, experience and talent in a Jays uniform.

https://youtu.be/XbihoUbjhU0
KenoshaJay

Postby jaysfor3 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:38 pm

When asked "Who's the person that most impressed you since they've been recruited to now?", Jon Nyatawa on 1620 the Zone answered, ..."KeyShawn Feazell....best height to wingspan on the team, bulky, muscular, he's skilled, runs the floor really well, has had some ridiculous dunks in practice...I do think he's going to bring an impact....I think they can do a lot of different things with him."
jaysfor3

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:04 am

jaysfor3 wrote:When asked "Who's the person that most impressed you since they've been recruited to now?", Jon Nyatawa on 1620 the Zone answered, ..."KeyShawn Feazell....best height to wingspan on the team, bulky, muscular, he's skilled, runs the floor really well, has had some ridiculous dunks in practice...I do think he's going to bring an impact....I think they can do a lot of different things with him."

He has a lot of opportunity to play. Our more traditional centers under Mac have a hard time getting up to and past 25 minutes a game for starters, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a sophomore like Kalkbrenner only playing around 20 this year. That leaves 20 minutes up for grabs

We demand a lot from our centers in terms of sprinting down the floor and getting out to hedge and help up high defensively -- for those big guys that much running can wear them down fast.

Some examples:
Bishop 23.4 mpg last year, 21.6 the year before,
Martin 25.4 the year before that
Martin 23.2 the year before (with 22.5 from Hegner)
Patton 25.4
Groselle 21.2
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting