2022 G Ben Shtolzberg (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 G Ben Shtolzberg (Offered)

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Probably a great young man, but what makes you think he's a fit Jays26?

Ben fits our old MVC profile, but not our Big East profile. The young man may be a gamer,
but does not fit the profile of our recruits of the last 3-5 years. Top 100? No. Top 150? No.
Not even Top 250 as of this time. What's the attraction here?

Ben will need a helluva breakout season this year to become a Top 150 candidate...that's a tough sell.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby jaysfan3 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:54 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/ben-shtolzberg-271087

Jays are his best offer, by a wide margin. Then Rutgers. Most of his offers are low Majors and Midmajors. Hmmm. Not in the Top 250 on Rivals, No rankings of any sort-anywhere. Perhaps he has potentials, but is the definite outlier on our list of recruits.

Walk-on perhaps?

Why would they bring a walk-on on an official visit? Haven’t we learned that Mac has an eye for talent? Let’s trust them. I hope we get this guy!
jaysfan3

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:54 pm

When Shotlzberg makes 1st team all conference I want that GTMO post immortalized :D
hilltopalum

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Mac/Huss/Miller hop on players BEFORE they reach the top 150, top 100. I'd imagine after a summer with the Oakland Soldiers Ben will be a top 150 prospect.
hilltopalum

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:58 pm

hilltopalum wrote:When Shotlzberg makes 1st team all conference I want that GTMO post immortalized :D

Sure. Yeah, right! It's Shtolzberg, by the way. 1st Team All-Big East... and youse guys talk about me being delusional! :lol:
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby jaysfan3 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:14 pm

I’m going to guess you aren’t a big fan of John C, gtmo?
jaysfan3

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:03 pm

He’s been blowing up the last few months. He’s going to be a top 150 kid.
bluejayfan00

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:59 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:I’m going to guess you aren’t a big fan of John C, gtmo?

I'm a Jays fan jaysfan3.

Christofilis is Top 150 (formerly Top 50 pre injury) and is the Best pure shooter in the USA.
I love Christofilis and his game. It's easy to get excited irt John C's game. He is a
"proven Commodity" as a shooter, both before and after his injury. John had a helluva
1-1.5 years after recovering from injury. The recruiting guru's didn't re-elevate his rankings,
but John was an excellent producer, both with his O'Dea HS team and his AAU club.
And it's GOOD to finally have another "John C" on the Jays. ;)

It seems a bit unusual to see an OV and all the enthusiasm for a recruit who by
most indications, is merely beginning improvement. Historically, our coaches are great
at beating the weeds and finding diamonds-in-the-rough. That however, has not been
our calling card these last 4-5 years as our recruiting has had an big uptick in talent.

I'm merely pointing out the obvious, as Ben Shtolzberg is so far "off the radar", you'd need satellite tracking to
find him. I'll be better when he cracks the Top 150.

The fellas ahead of him have proven much better over time. Isaacs, Trimble, Nunez, & Uzan are also improving.
If we are looking for 2 PGs, then maybe give Shtolzberg a shot. If we only need 1 PG, then-No and secure one of
the guys ahead of him.
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 pm

HEY...Congrats! The Shtolzberg bandwagon oughta be happy now.

Ben Shtolzberg is now listed in 247's top 250. Their own, not the composite listing.

He is listed at #235, 3-star? https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Baske ... osition=PG
Verbal Commits has him also, as a 2* player.

Went looking again at Rivals and ESPN...The databases break and defaults back to
the opening page when searching for him... :lol: :lol:

The satellites crash when looking for him online. Google says: "whaaaa?" :shock:

So 247 has given him his break, can he make the Top 150 this year?
gtmoBlue

Postby Realhoops » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:27 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:HEY...Congrats! The Shtolzberg bandwagon oughta be happy now.

Ben Shtolzberg is now listed in 247's top 250. Their own, not the composite listing.

He is listed at #235, 3-star? https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Baske ... osition=PG
Verbal Commits has him also, as a 2* player.

Went looking again at Rivals and ESPN...The databases break and defaults back to
the opening page when searching for him... :lol: :lol:

The satellites crash when looking for him online. Google says: "whaaaa?" :shock:

So 247 has given him his break, can he make the Top 150 this year?

Good lord git — what did this kid do to you or your family that you have such a mission to convince people he isn’t any good?

Looks to have some real potential, worth being in on early and following, waiting to see how he improves. That’s called good recruiting.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting