2022 G Ben Shtolzberg (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 G Ben Shtolzberg (Offered)

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Heartbroken, No. Surprised that our coaches are willing to reach this far down - this is an Apke pick.

However, I trust in this coaching staff. They are experts in talent evaluation and fit. They see this kid's potentials AND Ben has had a great spring/summer.
Given the sheer numbers of guards we offered, I'd wait a bit to see what transpires. As a top 200+ kid he'll still be around come November. However, it is what it is!
Trust the process, trust the process, trust the process, I do.

:o ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Based on his eventual offer list and his no star status because he was not seen and thus not rated by the services, I am pretty confident Gtmo will be eating his words after one of these upcoming reshuffles.

By then he will take credit for the signing saying his tweeting at players and the volumes of kids that go to his blog turned the tide.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:05 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Heartbroken, No. Surprised that our coaches are willing to reach this far down - this is an Apke pick.

However, I trust in this coaching staff. They are experts in talent evaluation and fit. They see this kid's potentials AND Ben has had a great spring/summer.
Given the sheer numbers of guards we offered, I'd wait a bit to see what transpires. As a top 200+ kid he'll still be around come November. However, it is what it is!

Yeah, you’re right. Hey, maybe shoot some tweets at Tuggs, see if he has any eligibility left
ZMagic30

Postby mel ott » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:12 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Heartbroken, No. Surprised that our coaches are willing to reach this far down - this is an Apke pick.

Doesn't sound like you really do-but you should. Zeg early on they loved him and he was a 3 star and they thought they had a top guy (and they did). Mitch, Jefferson, and on and on they know talent evaluation. If this entire coaching staff likes him, welcome aboard- hopefully !
mel ott

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:36 am

Thanks LJay...your 'permission' opened the door for ZMagic to talk a bit of trash. ;)

The Rivals guys say to expect Shtolzberg to get a massive boost into the Top 150 on their next update.

Our recruiting has been ratcheted up several levels these last few years. Guys who are/were higher on the list (236) are currently walkons in the program.
The coaches know their jobs, It just comes off as unusual, given our current levels of recruiting.

Mel, Mel. Mitch and Marcus were top 100 recruits and Damien Top 150. But, I get your intended message.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Alphawalt » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:04 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Thanks LJay...your 'permission' opened the door for ZMagic to talk a bit of trash. ;)

The Rivals guys say to expect Shtolzberg to get a massive boost into the Top 150 on their next update.

Our recruiting has been ratcheted up several levels these last few years. Guys who are/were higher on the list (236) are currently walkons in the program.
The coaches know their jobs, It just comes off as unusual, given our current levels of recruiting.

Mel, Mel. Mitch and Marcus were top 100 recruits and Damien Top 150. But, I get your intended message.

GTMO, I get your sentiments. However, not all guys on team should be top 100 guys. I view this guy as a great team player, practice player, guy who will be trusted, in the tradition of Tyler Clement. You need guys like that on a Mac team.
Alphawalt

Postby Jays26 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:09 pm

GTMO, I get your sentiments. However, not all guys on team should be top 100 guys. I view this guy as a great team player, practice player, guy who will be trusted, in the tradition of Tyler Clement. You need guys like that on a Mac team.

Lol.....They are not bringing Ben in as a "practice player". :roll:
Jays26

Postby Alphawalt » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Jays26 wrote:

Lol.....They are not bringing Ben in as a "practice player". :roll:

Maybe not solely practice player, but I view him as the next version of Tyler Clement, and it is not meant as an insult.
Alphawalt

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Wtf?
bluejayfan00

Postby CPJays » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Ben is going to end up a top 150 recruit and had offers from Rutgers, Butler and VT. Solid programs. Sure he isn’t TyTy, but he sure as hell isn’t a walkon 5 min stop gap player either. Come on.
CPJays

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting