2022 Transfer Thread

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2022 Transfer Thread

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:59 am

Never too early to start a Transfer thread these days.

Any follow-up on Jaylon Tyson? Others already in the Portal?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Re: 2022 Transfer Thread

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:27 pm

ESPN's transfer list is out already, with 20 kids on it.

A couple of bigs (Sr, PF) at #s 14 & 15.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -23-season
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:18 am

One guy I have had my eye on is Frankie Fidler from UNO. No indication that he is even considering transferring, but if he does I hope we take a LONG look.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:52 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:One guy I have had my eye on is Frankie Fidler from UNO. No indication that he is even considering transferring, but if he does I hope we take a LONG look.

He puts up some nice numbers for a freshmen. 41% from 3, 81% FT shooter. We need more shooters next year and wing/SF is where we are thinnest next year.
Jet915

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:20 am

Jet915 wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:One guy I have had my eye on is Frankie Fidler from UNO. No indication that he is even considering transferring, but if he does I hope we take a LONG look.

He puts up some nice numbers for a freshmen. 41% from 3, 81% FT shooter. We need more shooters next year and wing/SF is where we are thinnest next year.

I guess it depends where everybody fits in, but seems like he'd be competing with Arthur, Mason Miller and Jasen Green. Just as a shooter, he'd be competing with John C. I'd prefer we get a combo guard who can shoot and defend.

I also think some of our shooting woes will clear up as this year's freshmen get a year under their belt. Art's shooting has improved dramatically in the last month and Trey was a shooter in high school. Expect a LOT more out of them next year.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

I guess it depends where everybody fits in, but seems like he'd be competing with Arthur, Mason Miller and Jasen Green. Just as a shooter, he'd be competing with John C. I'd prefer we get a combo guard who can shoot and defend.

I also think some of our shooting woes will clear up as this year's freshmen get a year under their belt. Art's shooting has improved dramatically in the last month and Trey was a shooter in high school. Expect a LOT more out of them next year.

I kinda see Art and Miller taking up most of the PF spot. Green and a transfer wing at the 3 but all 4 are somewhat interchangeable at those 2 spots.
Jet915

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:29 am

Just to be clear, I do like Fiddler, just don't think he fills an area of need. I've watched Jasen Green this year, and he's really impressive. Seems much more bouncy than last year, moves well on defense and is a great teammate. He's not playing with an all-D1 lineup any more, so he could just take over, but he really gets his teammates involved. Also a very good student. His 3 pt shooting needs to improve. He reminds me a lot of Christian in his size and the way he moves.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:31 am

Fun to speculate, I hope our core returns next year, they all seem to have fun playing together. Starting lineup for next year that I envision:

PG Nembhard
SG Alexander
SF Transfer Wing Bucket Getter
PF Kaluma
C Kalkbrenner
Jet915

Postby bleedblue » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:13 am

Jet915 wrote:Fun to speculate, I hope our core returns next year, they all seem to have fun playing together. Starting lineup for next year that I envision:

PG Nembhard
SG Alexander
SF Transfer Wing Bucket Getter
PF Kaluma
C Kalkbrenner

I'd think we move mason into the 4 spot and move kaluma to the 3. Potential to move reef into the starting line up as well too if he's back.
bleedblue

Postby CouncilBluffsJay » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:27 am

Is there any thought about whether someone like Modestas would leave due to either playing or being asked to leave as well as Reef getting frustrated if he isn't a starter? I'm sure that this has been discussed before but just curious.
CouncilBluffsJay

Next

Return to Recruiting