Baylor Scheierman (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Baylor Scheierman

Postby NateFunkyTown » Sun May 01, 2022 10:08 am

whtblu wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Great player, but seriously starting to doubt if he fits into the team in terms of chemistry. Seems like a lot of “what’s in it for me” instead of the team. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s just the feeling I get.

All I get from this is he wants to start and not be relegated to a spot-up shooter. This is why I never considered Kentucky a strong threat to begin with, it’s a reasonable stance. I’d also say when you’re picking a school for one year to try to set up your professional career, it’s probably smart to be a bit selfish. Set yourself up for success because he doesn’t owe anyone anything right now. Once you’ve officially picked a school, then it’s about the team.
NateFunkyTown

Postby #RollJays » Sun May 01, 2022 10:13 am

Don’t think Baylor wanting assurances on a role means he isn’t a team player. I doubt we have R2 or Art without the open minutes we offered in their recruitments.
#RollJays

Postby whtblu » Sun May 01, 2022 10:26 am

I get wanting to make sure you get your minutes. My concern was wanting to get your “bag”. As in bag of money. I totally think he needs to be selective and go somewhere that he can showcase his talents on a bigger stage. My issue is with him being concerned over a huge NIL package. With the rumors surrounding Art and Arizona it’s obvious that our core is more concerned with the team. Not that they wouldn’t love some $$$ but I think that’s kind of an added bonus for them, not the priority. The more I hear about Baylor’s recruitment the more it seems NIL is the main concern. Just my opinion.
whtblu

Postby jaysfan3 » Sun May 01, 2022 10:42 am

whtblu wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Great player, but seriously starting to doubt if he fits into the team in terms of chemistry. Seems like a lot of “what’s in it for me” instead of the team. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s just the feeling I get.

I only read a few comments on the tweet, but it sounds like Grady just stood in the corner a lot. I’m sure we are telling him he can replace Hawk and he definitely didn’t do that.
jaysfan3

Postby CouncilBluffsJay » Sun May 01, 2022 11:07 am

I just saw on twitter someone reported it was down to Creighton and Kansas. Might've been that Tucker guy.
CouncilBluffsJay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun May 01, 2022 11:32 am

It was some random twitter account with 40 followers.
bluejayfan00

Postby AttyAlum » Sun May 01, 2022 1:21 pm

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Baylor passed on KY and the tweet is of the “we didn’t really want him anyway” variety.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Durango Jay » Sun May 01, 2022 1:51 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:It was some random twitter account with 40 followers.

Bryce Aherns doesn’t seem random. You migh remember him as the guy with the automatic free throws.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceAhrensC ... 6830479366
Durango Jay

Postby Dough Boy » Sun May 01, 2022 2:14 pm

Durango Jay wrote: Bryce Aherns doesn’t seem random. You migh remember him as the guy with the automatic free throws.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceAhrensC ... 6830479366

ZMagic30 wrote:
Dough Boy wrote:That Bruce Ahrens account seems like a troll

It is, seeing as he had a different username two days ago

Apologies if I am missing the sarcasm in your post Durango (is this a joke about Blake Ahearn?), but the Bruce account added "Creighton Alum" since yesterday. They are doubling down on trolling Creighton fans.
Dough Boy

Postby jaysfan3 » Sun May 01, 2022 2:18 pm

That guy may be a troll, but Washut made a post on their board today saying he heard that Kansas and Creighton are ahead of the pack.
jaysfan3

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting