Baylor Scheierman (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Baylor Scheierman (Transfer Commit)

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:So Baylor will go from a second rounder to a lottery pick in one season??

As the article says, "here are 10 players returning to college who have the tools to play themselves into lottery consideration during the season ahead."

I get why Scheierman is mentioned. He was an intriguing prospect, but that uncertainty/concern about South Dakota State's level of competition kept him down. If he puts up similar (or better) stats, while playing a schedule as difficult as Creighton's, and especially if Creighton makes the run we all are hoping for, it's reasonable to see why he is on the list. If Creighton is playing basketball in April and Scheierman is considered one of the reasons why, it could happen.

Maybe the Jays end up having two lottery picks because Kaluma could also put himself into the conversation. Arguably, more so than Scheierman. Fun time to be rooting for this program.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:27 pm

I get it, and I agree to a point. IMO, what kept him out of the draft this year will not be completely nullified by maintaining his production at a higher competition level next year. I can absolutely see him getting first-round lock status. Lottery is a stretch for me, though.
Jaysker12

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:54 pm

If Creighton puts up the sort of year most of us expect, then Scheierman's stock will definitely rise.

I posted this (below) yesterday in the Kaluma thread...

Art and Big Ryan projected as 2nd rounders in the 2023 NBA Draft...

Art@ #31. Big Ryan @ #50.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/inside ... pped-top-5
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby jon4thejays » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:19 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:I get it, and I agree to a point. IMO, what kept him out of the draft this year will not be completely nullified by maintaining his production at a higher competition level next year. I can absolutely see him getting first-round lock status. Lottery is a stretch for me, though.

Just drink the Kool-Aid!!!!
jon4thejays

Postby LJay » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:51 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Dough Boy » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:56 am

For posterity

Dough Boy

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:46 pm