Baylor Scheierman (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Baylor Scheierman (Transfer Commit)

Postby SeattleJay » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:38 pm

SeattleJay

Re: Baylor Scheierman

Postby Altmanforprez » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:39 pm

In my mind, the teams that have a legit shot to land Baylor are Creighton, Nebraska, Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke.

Texas and Arkansas could make a push, but it would basically be because they drop a monster NIL bag.
Altmanforprez

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:44 pm

He has the same agent as the kids fighting over Miami NIL money (the KState transfer AND the Miami player offended his deal is smaller than the transfer). Thus, shopping NIL deals is most likely happening here.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby SeattleJay » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Baylor led the Summit League in assists and rebounds as well as assist to turnover ratio.

He is not listed as the leader in 3 point percentage even though he had a higher percentage. I’m guessIng that around 5 attempts a game was not enough shots.

A few articles have suggested that his defense needs some work. If true, playing with Kalkbrenner would make him look good.
Last edited by SeattleJay on Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleJay

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:03 pm

A few articles have suggested that his defense needs some work. If true, playing with Kalkbrenner would make him look good

+1 to this. I watched his tape against Providence and ORU .. he is a great offensive player but he does look pretty average in terms of speed. Ryan, Trey, Kaluma, and Kalk can all be plus-defenders ... one average to below-average defender is not going to kill the starting lineup's defense.

I think its a huuuuuge longshot we get Baylor, but if it actually happens .. the hype train for next year will be officially derailed. based on results and current roster, the 22-23 team will be the best Creighton team ever. Add Baylor to that and I think we go from a "trendy/ hot-take FF contender" to legit FF and NC contender.
Jaysker12

Postby Venturajay » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:09 pm

He will go where the biggest NIL deal is and I doubt it will be CU.

I could be wrong but my guess is Kentucky Boosters will shell out the big NIL money for the Kid.

Quite frankly my concern with the NIL deals for the transfers getting the big NIL deals is how that effects the current roster of players. So if Baylor is out for a big NIL deal more power to him but not sure if it would be worth it as it might upset the current team chemistry if one guy is getting a big NIL deal and the other dudes are eating soup, ie, Miami.
Venturajay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:26 pm

Huh?

Where's the prez of the 10-10/11-9 Club (formerly the 9-9/10-8 Club) when you really need him? Some of your members are
losing it...they're drinking Vivid and gtmo's blue juice. You may want to put them in the drunk tank overnight, and give them a chance to sober up a bit.

You folks need to slow your roll a little bit, as most of you are highly inexperienced with being highly optimistic/over the top unrealistic.
Most of you are still 'closet realists' - the pragmatic, logical, and conservative fans we all know and love - you don't even own a pair of blue-tinted
glasses.

This sort of exuberant, unbridled joy is best left to the professional optimists amongst us. Folks experienced in the handling of these unknown,
untrodden paths of extreme preposterous, upper limits, cutting edge, ridiculously positive, prognostications. These are dangerous cliff edges you're trodding
folks. These paths are best left to the professionals to forge ahead.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:10 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:You folks need to slow your roll a little bit, as most of you are highly inexperienced with being highly optimistic/over the top unrealistic.

GTMO.... I joined this board amidst the early reports of Creighton as a candidate for the "new Big East". You were the BJU's optimistic pariah. The only person predicting commitments from (then) unattainable recruits like EC Matthews, Kendal Harris and Marcus Foster, and getting laughed out of threads for it.. This is a new era of CU hoops, but over the years, I have to give you credit as a visionary.
Jaysker12

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:52 am

thanks...

"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Helmzy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:52 pm

There’s been a new development and I’d be excited
Helmzy

Next

Return to Recruiting