2024 F Jackson McAndrew (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Jackson McAndrew small forward

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:57 pm

I believe I know how this ends up, but what are you thinking Helmzy?

If you can’t speak on it I understand btw.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Helmzy » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:46 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:I believe I know how this ends up, but what are you thinking Helmzy?

If you can’t speak on it I understand btw.

I honestly don't think he has come to a decision yet. It's between us and ND that's all I know. Gotta like our chances tho
Helmzy

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:47 pm

https://bustingbrackets.com/2023/07/21/ncaa-basketball-recruiting-analyzing-top-4-teams-4-star-pf-jackson-mcandrew/

Article discussing how Jackson would fit at each of his finalists. If you don't feel like clicking, here's what they say about Creighton:

Creighton Bluejays
With Arthur Kaluma gone, the forward position will come down to Virginia transfer Isaac Traudt and redshirt freshman, Mason Miller. Both have four years left of eligibility and aren’t viewed as early pro prospects. McAndrew’s style does fit Creighton’s offensive style well but there’s going to be a logjam at that position right now.

Is it accurate that Mason has four years of eligibility? That doesn't sound right.

Also I read somewhere that Jackson's dad played basketball at North Dakota when Coach Mac was an assistant there. Considering CU made the finalists, that has to be a plus.
vivid_dude

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:09 pm

vivid_dude wrote:https://bustingbrackets.com/2023/07/21/ncaa-basketball-recruiting-analyzing-top-4-teams-4-star-pf-jackson-mcandrew/

Article discussing how Jackson would fit at each of his finalists. If you don't feel like clicking, here's what they say about Creighton:

Creighton Bluejays
With Arthur Kaluma gone, the forward position will come down to Virginia transfer Isaac Traudt and redshirt freshman, Mason Miller. Both have four years left of eligibility and aren’t viewed as early pro prospects. McAndrew’s style does fit Creighton’s offensive style well but there’s going to be a logjam at that position right now.

Is it accurate that Mason has four years of eligibility? That doesn't sound right.

Also I read somewhere that Jackson's dad played basketball at North Dakota when Coach Mac was an assistant there. Considering CU made the finalists, that has to be a plus.

I don’t think there will be a “logjam” at all. We will have Kalk, Trey, Baylor and Ashworth gone after next year. McAndrew would very well mostly slot into the spot that will be left when Baylor leaves after next year. He would get plenty of playing time, could even be a starter. McAndrew is a perfect fit for the Jays. The smarter choice for him is to choose the Jays over the Irish.
Alphawalt

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 pm

Ashworth has two years if he wants them, but McAndrew would slot in nicely in the Baylor spot, IMO.
Alphawalt

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:04 pm

Pretty sure Mason only has 3 left, unless they give an extra Covid year for his RS year. Don't think that's the case, but who knows these days!

I don't see that much of a log-jam either. We have a lot of very flexible players:

Traudt - 4, but can play the 5
Miller - I think he's more of a 3 eventually, but plays the 4 now
Green - 4, but think he can play D on 3's nicely
Lawson - we'll see this year, but I think he's a 2 who can play the 3

Plenty of ways to fit McAndrew into a scheme with those guys as well. Some people think he's a 3, some think he's a 4, I think it's nice to have forwards who can switch defensively, post up when they end up with a smaller guy on them, and can hit shots when outside
Chicagojayfan

Postby jaysfan3 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:52 pm

Announced top 4 two weeks ago. I think he said he wanted to announced within two weeks. Hopefully we hear good news this week.
jaysfan3

Postby Dough Boy » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:17 pm

Dough Boy

Postby Helmzy » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:26 pm

yes
Helmzy

Postby #RollJays » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:29 pm

Wisconsin analyst just put in a CB for him to Creighton. He posted that he would be shocked if it’s not Creighton.
#RollJays

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting