2024 F Jackson McAndrew (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2024 F Jackson McAndrew (Commit)

Postby LJay » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:36 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:41 pm

The shooting is obviously elite, but I'm always impressed with his ball handling....it looks so smooth and natural for a guy his size.
Jaysker12

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:56 am

Great tape. Worry a bit about his shooting form, with it starting out in front of him and so low. I could see that getting blocked at an above-average rate. But you can't argue with his numbers/results. As mentioned, he also seems very natural and fluid with his ballhandling. Not too common for a guy that's 6'9".

Trying to think of comps. A few names came to mind. Slightly shorter Lauri Markkanen, slightly taller Tucker Devries, Duncan Robinson, a way better Larry Bird, poor man's Avery Dingman, Dikembe Mutombo

Those got progressively worse. Any better ones?
vivid_dude

Postby Syajeulb » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:00 am

vivid_dude wrote:Great tape. Worry a bit about his shooting form, with it starting out in front of him and so low. I could see that getting blocked at an above-average rate. But you can't argue with his numbers/results. As mentioned, he also seems very natural and fluid with his ballhandling. Not too common for a guy that's 6'9".

Trying to think of comps. A few names came to mind. Slightly shorter Lauri Markkanen, slightly taller Tucker Devries, Duncan Robinson, a way better Larry Bird, poor man's Avery Dingman, Dikembe Mutombo

Avery Dingman . . . funniest thing I've read this week :D
Syajeulb

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:18 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Great tape. Worry a bit about his shooting form, with it starting out in front of him and so low. I could see that getting blocked at an above-average rate. But you can't argue with his numbers/results. As mentioned, he also seems very natural and fluid with his ballhandling. Not too common for a guy that's 6'9".

I didn't see his 3-ball get blocked one time in all of the tape I watched. He's tall enough with a quick enough release and shoots from far enough away that I don't think it will be much of a problem. His lack of lift around the basket is the bigger problem in terms of him getting blocked at the next level.

The best comp on that list you gave is probably the taller Tucker DeVries one.
JacobPadilla

Postby LJay » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:30 am

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:56 am

Dough Boy

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:43 am

Was introduced at the game last night by Ravi during one of the new "Jays Live" segments. Crowd seemed to actually be aware of recruiting and who he was and responded nicely. Hope he enjoyed the game, and guess since he's already committed and signed it doesn't matter that the atmosphere wasn't really great for last night's game.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:58 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:Was introduced at the game last night by Ravi during one of the new "Jays Live" segments. Crowd seemed to actually be aware of recruiting and who he was and responded nicely. Hope he enjoyed the game, and guess since he's already committed and signed it doesn't matter that the atmosphere wasn't really great for last night's game.

*Connor Happer
JacobPadilla

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:59 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:Was introduced at the game last night by Ravi during one of the new "Jays Live" segments. Crowd seemed to actually be aware of recruiting and who he was and responded nicely. Hope he enjoyed the game, and guess since he's already committed and signed it doesn't matter that the atmosphere wasn't really great for last night's game.

*Connor Happer

Yikes. My bad. No clue what I was thinking there. Thanks for the correction!
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting