Steven Ashworth Transfer (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Steven Ashworth Transfer

Postby JayPharmAlum » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:22 pm

I listened to his interview with Jeff Goodman.
Wow, Ashworth sounds like the 2023 PG version of Ryan Hawkins. Very excited to have him as a Jay.
JayPharmAlum

Postby jayc13 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:26 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:I put together a Twitter thread with some Synergy numbers you're going to like to see and my thoughts on his fit if anyone wants to check that out.

https://youtu.be/LyghaQMO5HQ
https://twitter.com/JacobPadilla_/statu ... 7302324226

Great stats work Jacob, as always! He's definitely different than R2, not necessarily better. Mac is probably turning that frown upside down today.
jayc13

Postby westojay » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:28 pm

Great analysis Jacob!
Another great day to be a Jay! LFG!!!
westojay

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:42 pm

Funny how we have this sewn up before Nembhard does.

Despite being blind sided.

This is a destination program and guys wanna play for Mac in this offense in front of our crowds.
cujaysfan

Postby PHXJayFan » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:46 pm

On the interview it did feel like he kept saying without saying that Trey’s gonna be back. Could be wrong though
PHXJayFan

Postby slaw » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:53 pm

cujaysfan wrote:Funny how we have this sewn up before Nembhard does.

Despite being blind sided.

This is a destination program and guys wanna play for Mac in this offense in front of our crowds.

and more NIL $ than his previous team could offer (needs to work both ways)
slaw

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:34 pm

Blockbuster trade!

Creighton sends away Ryan Nembhard, John Christofilis, Ben Shtolzberg, Shereef Mitchell and Zander Yates in exchange for Steven Ashworth, Isaac Traudt, Josiah Dotzler, another transfer and a 2024/2025 scholarship to be used later.

At the risk of being too big of a victim of Shiny Object Syndrome (that's a thing), seems like a decent exchange. Considering how things could have gone, I'm feeling as energized about this upcoming season as I was last year, when I spent several weeks in a Kool Aid coma.

Fun fact: while in a Kool Aid coma, your dream is a continuous loop of Booker Woodfox's game winner against Wichita State, Terrell Taylor's buzzer beater against Florida, Ethan Wragge's in-the-game-range-folks and a bunch of Doug/Kyle threes. I think a Livan Pyfrom blocked shot made its way in there too. Weird.
vivid_dude

Postby drbluejay » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:31 am

vivid_dude wrote:Blockbuster trade!

Creighton sends away Ryan Nembhard, John Christofilis, Ben Shtolzberg, Shereef Mitchell and Zander Yates in exchange for Steven Ashworth, Isaac Traudt, Josiah Dotzler, another transfer and a 2024/2025 scholarship to be used later.

At the risk of being too big of a victim of Shiny Object Syndrome (that's a thing), seems like a decent exchange. Considering how things could have gone, I'm feeling as energized about this upcoming season as I was last year, when I spent several weeks in a Kool Aid coma.

Fun fact: while in a Kool Aid coma, your dream is a continuous loop of Booker Woodfox's game winner against Wichita State, Terrell Taylor's buzzer beater against Florida, Ethan Wragge's in-the-game-range-folks and a bunch of Doug/Kyle threes. I think a Livan Pyfrom blocked shot made its way in there too. Weird.

I think these player exchanges so far for next year is a great trade for the Jays. Losing R2 hurt a bit but next years team as of today looks much better than our record breaking team this past season.
drbluejay

Postby Hooloovoo » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:37 am

JacobPadilla wrote:I put together a Twitter thread with some Synergy numbers you're going to like to see and my thoughts on his fit if anyone wants to check that out.

https://twitter.com/JacobPadilla_/statu ... 7302324226

Could we have a lot of scenarios with THREE guys who could play PG on the floor at the same time? That could cause a few problems for opposing defenses.
Whenever someone says, "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart," all I hear is, "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."
Hooloovoo

Re: Steven Ashworth Transfer (Signed)

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:56 am

vivid_dude wrote:Blockbuster trade!

While I don't love when we lose players to the portal, Greg said it best when he said that we lose some and we've certainly had the benefit of the portal as well.

I'll miss Ryan, he was really good and a good fit for the offense. I'm excited for Ashworth, he'll bring different skills to the table that I'm excited about. Traudt is a tremendous pick up who will provide depth shooting and size. I really hope Art stays as I think the team next year will really be configured for him to thrive.

This team looks like an out and out beast next year if we are able to keep Art and Trey in the fold.

Exciting time to be a Jay!
Ethanfor3

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting