2023 wing Sterling Knox (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2023 wing Sterling Knox (Commit)

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:38 am

Wouldn't it be great if Sterling continues to fly under the radar - it doesn't feel like anyone is mentioning or thinking much about him (me included) - and he ended up being the most valuable addition to Creighton's roster this offseason? Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

I remember the first message after Justin Patton committed when nobody knew much about him. I think it was blueblood who said, "Redshirt?" and that was the common sentiment. Why are we wasting a scholarship on this unknown local scrawny guy? Sometimes the coaches know. Also, Jeff Hornacek was a walk-on at Iowa State.

Outliers. Love them. I always want our guys to be the next ones!
vivid_dude

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:51 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Wouldn't it be great if Sterling continues to fly under the radar - it doesn't feel like anyone is mentioning or thinking much about him (me included) - and he ended up being the most valuable addition to Creighton's roster this offseason? Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

I remember the first message after Justin Patton committed when nobody knew much about him. I think it was blueblood who said, "Redshirt?" and that was the common sentiment. Why are we wasting a scholarship on this unknown local scrawny guy? Sometimes the coaches know. Also, Jeff Hornacek was a walk-on at Iowa State.

Outliers. Love them. I always want our guys to be the next ones!

If you take someone who is under the radar and who might be a project, it's great that they have the length and athleticism to project to play in the Big East, and that's the great thing about Knox, he looks like a really good athlete. He can handle and pass pretty well for a wing, and showed nice ability to get into the lane.

Nice thing about Patton was that a few people, including Jacob (IIRC) had some info about him from when he camped with Creighton and how far he'd come in a very short time, all leading to the offer). I don't know that Knox has that kind of upside, but he reportedly started to come on as well, and I like getting a guy who has the right kind of athleticism, especially when filling out the roster
Chicagojayfan

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:52 pm

Didn’t recall Jacob being that high on Patton, but I could be wrong.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Durango Jay » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:56 am

Sterling’s father ran track at Iowa State, so there’s some athleticism in the family.
Durango Jay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:58 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:Didn’t recall Jacob being that high on Patton, but I could be wrong.

I thought the message was that there was a ton of potential there and that Patton had come a long way, but needed a RS because he simply wasn't strong enough, so that we all had to be a bit patient. It was a long time ago though!

Anyway,regarding Knox, I see a good bit of potential here - I liked how he got to the basket and could finish with contact, and he can handle and pass as well.

https://twitter.com/VerifRecruits/statu ... 5815393281
Chicagojayfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:36 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:Didn’t recall Jacob being that high on Patton, but I could be wrong.

I thought the message was that there was a ton of potential there and that Patton had come a long way, but needed a RS because he simply wasn't strong enough, so that we all had to be a bit patient. It was a long time ago though!

Anyway,regarding Knox, I see a good bit of potential here - I liked how he got to the basket and could finish with contact, and he can handle and pass as well.

https://twitter.com/VerifRecruits/statu ... 5815393281

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well.
JacobPadilla

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:40 am

Yes I don’t think I worded that very well Jacob. I went back and looked and you were more than fair in your assessment of Patton.
SonofFrankTomera

Previous

Return to Recruiting