2023 F Brock Vice (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2023 F Brock Vice (Commit)

Postby NUgradCUfan » Wed May 03, 2023 1:30 pm

Watching some of his highlights. Man, the rotation he has on his release from 3 is as pure as it gets. That's really impressive for a 6' 10" guy. Can understand why Mac sees potential there.
NUgradCUfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed May 03, 2023 4:57 pm

NUgradCUfan wrote:Watching some of his highlights. Man, the rotation he has on his release from 3 is as pure as it gets. That's really impressive for a 6' 10" guy. Can understand why Mac sees potential there.

I like his release a lot - has a nice smooth shot and good touch, especially for someone that big

and he's a pretty good athlete as well:

https://twitter.com/VanceVice/status/15 ... 9199625216
Chicagojayfan

Postby 5PointsBank3 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:17 am

5PointsBank3

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:21 am

Bummer. He looked good in the Bahamas against less than stellar competition
SeattleJay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:35 am

Strange path. Decommitted from SLU to come here, redshirted, leaves without playing.

Expected Fred to go, not him. A sign Kalk is returning?
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:20 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Strange path. Decommitted from SLU to come here, redshirted, leaves without playing.

Hard to know specifically what he wanted by coming to Creighton instead, but even if it's just a flyer and a RS year, he got to notch coaching and S&C development for a year while being part of the scout team for a Sweet 16 team, and now he can go find a place where he thinks he can play immediately - I think it's a huge selling point for Creighton that players get the kind of coaching and development they get here

And from Creighton's standpoint, we didn't have room for a high level transfer big for last year, but we got a legit big man on the scout team and had a chance to see if the plans would include him for the next few years

Might mean there's a better chance of Kalk returning, or it might mean that Traudt outplayed him in practice (both 6-10 with 3 PT shots). I'm sure the coaches were up front about immediate playing time from the beginning.

Good luck to him - I like his game and think he'll find a good spot to play
Chicagojayfan

Postby Realhoops » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:52 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Strange path. Decommitted from SLU to come here, redshirted, leaves without playing.

I kind of always expected him, Knox, Lawson to go. My gut was always that they were here for this year’s scout team barring injuries more than as serious pieces for the longer term. Maybe just the timing, backgrounds, etc. absolutely nothing more than a gut feeling. But this doesn’t really surprise me at all.

Best of luck to him wherever he lands.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby #RollJays » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:54 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:

Hard to know specifically what he wanted by coming to Creighton instead, but even if it's just a flyer and a RS year, he got to notch coaching and S&C development for a year while being part of the scout team for a Sweet 16 team, and now he can go find a place where he thinks he can play immediately - I think it's a huge selling point for Creighton that players get the kind of coaching and development they get here

And from Creighton's standpoint, we didn't have room for a high level transfer big for last year, but we got a legit big man on the scout team and had a chance to see if the plans would include him for the next few years

Might mean there's a better chance of Kalk returning, or it might mean that Traudt outplayed him in practice (both 6-10 with 3 PT shots). I'm sure the coaches were up front about immediate playing time from the beginning.

Good luck to him - I like his game and think he'll find a good spot to play

$150k to be a practice player and not waste a year of eligibility ain’t such a bad gig. Good luck to him wherever he goes.
#RollJays

Postby ictjay » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:50 am

Gullible group.
ictjay

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm

Good luck big man!

89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting