2024 transfer guard Pop Isaacs

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2024 transfer guard Pop Isaacs

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 am

Does making just under 1.5 threes per game make you a known shooter? I guess it depends on whether you are focused on "48 percent" or focused on taking only 3 per game and then making about half of those.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Altmanforprez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am

Also I'm going to take any HS/AAU stats with a grain of salt. However, it does sound like he's been focusing on improving his shooting this last year and his shot does look better. I think he can become a good shooter for us, but I wouldn't expect it in his freshman season.

Pop and LJ are about to have some battles on the practice floor
Altmanforprez

Postby 5PointsBank3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am

Realhoops wrote:Does making just under 1.5 threes per game make you a known shooter? I guess it depends on whether you are focused on "48 percent" or focused on taking only 3 per game and then making about half of those.

I’ll take 50% no matter the volume
5PointsBank3

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:22 am

5PointsBank3 wrote:
Realhoops wrote:Does making just under 1.5 threes per game make you a known shooter? I guess it depends on whether you are focused on "48 percent" or focused on taking only 3 per game and then making about half of those.

So a guy who takes two threes over the course of an entire season and banks in one of them? Not sure I'd call that a great shooter.

(NOTE: I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to see Larry Buckets playing next year and am on board the hype train for him to become an all time great, and maybe even actually be a great shooter. Merely discussing whether his current stats indicate a "great shooter" as that term would be typically be associated with our style of play.)
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby 5PointsBank3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 am

Realhoops wrote:
5PointsBank3 wrote:

So a guy who takes two threes over the course of an entire season and banks in one of them? Not sure I'd call that a great shooter.

(NOTE: I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to see Larry Buckets playing next year and am on board the hype train for him to become an all time great, and maybe even actually be a great shooter. Merely discussing whether his current stats indicate a "great shooter" as that term would be typically be associated with our style of play.)

lol I’m not saying he’s the next Wragge or Ballock, but if you’re hitting 50% of threes in a competitive setting that’s pretty impressive. The original post had said he’s not a known shooter (yet), so I was pointing out he’s had some more recent success.
5PointsBank3

Postby jaybacker11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 pm

Everyone needs to remember that Grant McCasland at Texas Tech is a defense first guy. Slow tempo (245th in nation). A guy getting 15.8 ppg (against a power conference ) in that offense is going to shine in Mac's system.

Mac wouldn't take a guy with that baggage if he didn't think he'd be a big time player. Trust Mac, simple as that.
jaybacker11

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 pm

5PointsBank3 wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:Larry buckets is not known as a shooter (yet) but I am looking forward to him in the rotation as well. Anyway, welcome to Omaha Pop. If the coaching staff believes in you, I do too.

Didn't Larry just shoot 50% from three this past year?

That 48% is referring to him shooting 22-46 in 16 games in the Overtime Elite league. TBH, not really sure what to make of that.

But if he's improved his jumper to the point where he can keep teams honest, that's really all that matters. Attacking the basket is where he'll make his greatest impact.
JacobPadilla

Previous

Return to Recruiting