2013 Wing Nick Fuller (Nebraska Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 Wing Nick Fuller (Offered)

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Not sure how much of a jab that was. Nonetheless, hoopspanda aka pandatangent should not be getting paid by OWH for writing about his beloved Huskers. I appreciate the frequent Jays coverage from the paper, but the Big Red pieces are Rivals/Scout pieces with slightly better writing. It's funny that some Huskers fans seem to think OWH is too critical of the guys in Lincoln. I guess in comparison with the fluff from the LJS, it is.

Solid pick ups by UNL today, though, even if both guys are realistically about the same level of prospect as guys Doc and Barry signed (I'm sure the same fans who used to love Doc would tell you that these two players are better, and Fuller may prove to be a slight step up). Nebrasketball's got a long way to go, but is very likely to move up 2 to 4 spots in the Big 10 with their new facilities. However, I see very little correlation of what they do with what we do, other than that I'd rather play an NIT or better caliber team once a year than the squad we faced last season and will be facing again this fall.

Both these guys ARE solid players. Better than the standard UNL lot. Hawkins has had a great spring / summer with the Dallas Mustangs - he is rated as a Rivals 3 star, and the #13 player in Texas (right behind our guy, Marcus Foster).

We all know Fuller is a good player, as well. Great gets by the skers...
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
Bluejay Bilas wrote:Not sure how much of a jab that was. Nonetheless, hoopspanda aka pandatangent should not be getting paid by OWH for writing about his beloved Huskers. I appreciate the frequent Jays coverage from the paper, but the Big Red pieces are Rivals/Scout pieces with slightly better writing. It's funny that some Huskers fans seem to think OWH is too critical of the guys in Lincoln. I guess in comparison with the fluff from the LJS, it is.

Solid pick ups by UNL today, though, even if both guys are realistically about the same level of prospect as guys Doc and Barry signed (I'm sure the same fans who used to love Doc would tell you that these two players are better, and Fuller may prove to be a slight step up). Nebrasketball's got a long way to go, but is very likely to move up 2 to 4 spots in the Big 10 with their new facilities. However, I see very little correlation of what they do with what we do, other than that I'd rather play an NIT or better caliber team once a year than the squad we faced last season and will be facing again this fall.

Both these guys ARE solid players. Better than the standard UNL lot. Hawkins has had a great spring / summer with the Dallas Mustangs - he is rated as a Rivals 3 star, and the #13 player in Texas (right behind our guy, Marcus Foster).

"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Re: 2013 Wing Nick Fuller (Nebraska Verbal Commit)

Postby LynchMob » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:40 pm

To be fair, recruiting is all about potential. Then you have to actually coach them, and so far nothing suggests Miles is remotely capable.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Jaybird » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Old MVC Days wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:

If this isn't an anal-retentiveness record for digging up old quotes, I don't know what would be. Are any of us safe?
Jaybird

Postby Old MVC Days » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:22 am

Jaybird wrote:
If this isn't an anal-retentiveness record for digging up old quotes, I don't know what would be. Are any of us safe?

Settle down. It's a joke. I thought it was funny going back and looking at what all of us said in recruiting of players. You don't want to look at the Zierden thread.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Previous

Return to Recruiting