2013 F/C Akoy Agau (Louisville Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 F/C Akoy Agau (offer)

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Never shut down a relationship. You never know what the future holds (see Gibbs).
TrueBlueJay

Postby jayball » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 pm

What the hell are the losses to having a local kid be involved with the program? Build relationships. Let things fall where they will. The worst thing is he goes somewhere else and saw a few free games. Who cares. Upside is more than worth it.
jayball

Postby jaysbanker » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:23 pm

jayball wrote:What the hell are the losses to having a local kid be involved with the program? Build relationships. Let things fall where they will. The worst thing is he goes somewhere else and saw a few free games. Who cares. Upside is more than worth it.

I agree with you jayball. However, from what I hear, this kid is not ready for the BCS leagues. He may be pretty big in Omaha, but you can find a dozen of this kid in places like California, Texas, and the Northeast. He did an interview saying where he would like to play. He is a high school kid who is getting a bunch of attention and he is eating it up. Did he milk the tickets? Sure. Is he taking advantage of playing pick up games against division I talent? I would hope so.

The fact that CU is good to this kid is great. Central is the closet thing we have to producing top talent. It is the next Bellevue East. I would venture to guess this guy will end up in a BCS program and transferring out. Like someone else said, keep the relationship alive, we have seen it pay off in these situations before, ie Grant.
jaysbanker

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I certainly wouldn't cut off the tickets or even the recruitment. Even though it may not lead to Agau, it could help endear us to the Central coaches and other Central players. Maybe Agau and Thurman come to games together and would rather do that than come all alone. If we get just one of those guys, it is worth it IMO. This isn't a situation where we are flying across the country continually trying to woo a kid. The financial investment isn't all that significant.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby FreddyMac » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Because we're being cuckolded. Not that this has ever happened to me but it's like when you're good to a girlfriend but then she just gets used to it and takes it for granted and then goes off and starts screwing another guy because it's different. Seriously, you treat her right and that's what you get. Goddamn she was such a f***ing slut. But who got the last laugh, huh? My wife is hot and she's been married twice already and is overweight so f*** her!

I mean that's all hypothetical though.

Moving on. In this case I do agree that you probably just don't cut off a relationship but I can see how letting them get too comfortable with the program could work against us. So say Agau is ready to make a decision, how are we going to "WOW" him with your last push? We're going to show him the same things as he's been seeing for years. The guys he's been playing with for years are the same guys who are going to show him around campus. Is that exciting? And then he goes to Lincoln and he sees different locker rooms, a different campus, meets different people, and it's cool to him simply because it's new.

It's kind of like if your Dad worked for Creighton all your life. Would you want to then go to Creighton or would pretty much every other school you visit, even ones that aren't near as good of schools, seem more exciting to you? If Creighton is so accessible to Agau right now then does it seem big-time to actually go play there or does it just seem like that place across the street where he goes and plays pick up ball.
FreddyMac

Postby section202jay » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Didn't he just have a meniscus surgery?
section202jay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Coaching staff probably has an idea on how likely we are to land Agau (low) but maybe they are keeping him around cause we might have a shot at Thurman....
Jet915

Postby jayball » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Win. Stay ranked. Win in march.

That sells.

UNL doesn't have that
jayball

Postby FreddyMac » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 pm

jayball wrote:Win. Stay ranked. Win in march.

That sells.

UNL doesn't have that

Yeah but hypothetically say you had this girlfriend that for whatever reason thought she had to break up with you and date some other asshole that she eventually got engaged to. And then say that you were meant to at least be invited to the wedding but I assume your invitation got lost or something since you never got it and I'm absolutely sure you were supposed to be invited. So then you do like anyone else would and find out who is catering the wedding and get hired by them so you could be at the wedding anyway to share in her and that asshole's joyous day and also maybe piss on the groom's prime rib. So don't you think that's a bunch of BS to no only get kicked out but for them to threaten to press charges? After all I, I mean after all you hypothetically did for that bitch?

I don't know if this totally hypothetical situation relates to what I was saying above but that just got me thinking about stuff. And I really don't care if he was a doctor as I'm sure he was one of the less important kind of doctors. Asshole.
FreddyMac

Postby Jaybird » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 pm

FreddyMac wrote:Moving on. In this case I do agree that you probably just don't cut off a relationship but I can see how letting them get too comfortable with the program could work against us. So say Agau is ready to make a decision, how are we going to "WOW" him with your last push? We're going to show him the same things as he's been seeing for years.

About all that's left is to tell Agau we've got a secret room full of really cool stuff and it'll change his life forever, but he only gets to go in there if he signs. Then have Gibbs hanging around nearby and he can close the deal with one of those winks of his, as if to say, "Dude, this stuff really is unbelievable. You gotta see it". Of course, considering how Gibbs' winks get misconstrued, maybe having him wink at recruits isn't a great idea. I don't know. I'm stil thinking that through. But definitely the secret room idea. That's what got me to Creighton, and I was just some poly sci major. Still haven't seen the room yet, though.
Jaybird

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting