2013 F/C Akoy Agau (Louisville Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2013 F/C Akoy Agau (Louisville Verbal Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Local product has been to as many Creighton home games over the last two years as many of the most devout CU fans. Agau has plenty of High Major interest (Marquette, Iowa, Nebraska, Tennessee) but the Jays have shown the ability to produce quality big might keep us in the mix.
Last edited by hilltopalum on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
hilltopalum

Re: 2013 F/C Akoy Agau

Postby sptah » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:41 pm

I spoke to Ross of channel 6 TV at practice a week ago or so. He was really singing Akoy's praises. Mentioned quite a larger list of schools interested. Saw him as a really great defensive shot blocker.
sptah

Postby PorkTornado » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:46 pm

I would love for Akoy to come to Creighton just so I could hear the sports guys at Channel 6 try to pronounce his name for four years. Rossy still hasn't gotten Echinique right.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Has attended lots of CU games as expected, and our staff has seen him play a ton lately, but everytime I talk to someone about him I get the impression he wants to go play back east.
hilltopalum

Postby jaysbanker » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 am

hilltopalum wrote:Has attended lots of CU games as expected, and our staff has seen him play a ton lately, but everytime I talk to someone about him I get the impression he wants to go play back east.

I have heard the likes of Indiana have been calling his name. Seems like he will be a tougher get than we think. I would hate to miss out on this kind of local talent. Maybe a good post season run will draw these types of kids a bit closer.

Nice to hear that he is at a ton of games, but this may be a high school kid who is enjoying his free tickets...
jaysbanker

Postby CU10S93 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:48 am

jaysbanker wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:Has attended lots of CU games as expected, and our staff has seen him play a ton lately, but everytime I talk to someone about him I get the impression he wants to go play back east.

I have heard the likes of Indiana have been calling his name. Seems like he will be a tougher get than we think. I would hate to miss out on this kind of local talent. Maybe a good post season run will draw these types of kids a bit closer.

Nice to hear that he is at a ton of games, but this may be a high school kid who is enjoying his free tickets...

I have wondered the same thing about his free tickets. I sit in the section right next to the recruits so I pay close attention to who's there.
CU10S93

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

I think Tom Crean was the one who offered from Marquette.
hilltopalum

Postby wildjays » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 pm

hilltopalum wrote:I think Tom Crean was the one who offered from Marquette.

Well and I did hear a few weeks ago that Indiana called and he was pretty excited about that. I don't think he will be a Jay.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Jet915 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 am

Sucks, sounds like a waste of free tickets.......
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:08 pm

If the Jays have a good to great NCAA as many here are thinking/hoping for, we have a good shot at many good recruits, including Akoy.
Jays are a young team, losing one scholarship senior. A recruit will be mindful of that fact - and should be reminded of that fact. Jays are ranked now (as of Monday, the 27th), have a good NCAA showing... They will be one of the preseason ranked teams next season.
Akoy is a smart kid. Play far away or play at home in front of family and friends - on a ranked team. We've definitely got a great shot with him.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Next

Return to Recruiting