2013 SG Marcus Foster (Kansas State Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 SG Marcus Foster (Offered)

Postby Jet915 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Looking at his twitter, he said his visit was "good" and he loved the fans. Next weekend, the CU students need to show Marcus some huge love so we can seal the deal on him. He did not commit so that is one huge hurdle....
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm

He's giving us a fair chance, which is all that we can ask for....

C'mon Marcus, Be a Jay!
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby cujaysfan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:12 pm

AttyAlum wrote:He's giving us a fair chance, which is all that we can ask for....

C'mon Marcus, Be a Jay!

this.

We have a pretty solid track record of success if we can just get guys on campus.

i would love to make weber our bitch again one more time.
cujaysfan

Postby jays911 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:11 pm

It should be no contest.

Omaha versus Kansas backwater.

The Clink versus wherever K-State plays.

A Top 10-25 team versus a lower K-State team.

Omaha women versus K-State women ( and, wow, is that a change from my college days).

Media coverage.

The coaching staff.

Come on, Marcus, be a Jay.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby jayball » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 am

Welp there goes that. So much for giving us a fair shot by visiting.

@!#$%

http://twitter.com/watchyahead12
jayball

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 am

Sheesh.

I always find it shocking when a top tier athlete chooses slow-it-down hoops.

Bring on Dawson or Shirmane Thomas.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby FreddyMac » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 am

That really sucks. It sucks even worse because of the Shirmane Thomas deal if we end up losing him too. Really wish he would have followed through with the visit at least.
FreddyMac

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 am

AttyAlum wrote: I always find it shocking when a top tier athlete chooses slow-it-down hoops.

not that I completely disagree with that statement, but I think some people will always find it shocking when guys who are recruited by mid-tier high majors choose to play in a mid major conference. I wish that were not the case, but until Creighton wins a few more games in the tournament and has more long-term national respect as a top-25 caliber program, the odds are not in our favor in some of these recruiting battles.

and, although there is no comparison between Manhattan, KS and Omaha, and Creighton compares favorably to K. State, I am sure that K. State's coaches sold Foster really hard on the advantages they have as a major conference team, including the fact that they will play least 4 games per year in Texas.
Last edited by Bluejay Bilas on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am

wow, im completely shocked
hilltopalum

Postby DEK » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:49 am

Don't disagree with playing at least 4 games a year in Texas, but if that is what you are making your decision on, that is a mistake.

It really is an absolute shame to see kids ruin their careers like this - Bruce Weber is such a terrible coach it is unbelievable - I'm sure he talks non stop about going to the national championship game but fails to mention that it was with Bill Self's amazing players. Illinois is about a million times easier to recruit to than K-State and I would also argue that in Bruce Weber's time at Illinois the Big Ten conference was an easier conference than the big 12 is now (Indiana was awful, Iowa was awful, Northwestern was awful, Michigan was pretty bad for most of his time....whereas now you have KU, West Virginia, Iowa State will be better than KState, OKState will prob be better than KState, once Texas fires Rick Barnes they have the potential to be really good...)

Not to mention his style of play is like Northern Iowa/Wisconsin....how many players has Bo Ryan put into the NBA? Not very many, I just don't understand how you can think that going to play for Weber at Kstate could be a good idea....even Oklahoma, who he was getting a lot of interest from, I would think, would be a better place for him than KState.

But whatever, I feel sorry for him, but people around him, especially his AAU coach should have been giving him better information. It is a shame.
DEK

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting