2013 SG Marcus Foster (Kansas State Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2013 SG Marcus Foster (Kansas State Verbal Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Foster's got game. Can take it the hole on anyone. Great shooter. Excellent defender, would be a real coup for the Jays if they can land him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FApjV31y9Ko
Last edited by hilltopalum on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
hilltopalum

Re: 2013 SG Marcus Foster

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 pm

ESPN scout Reggie Rankin had this to say

Marcus Foster (Wichita Falls, Texas/Hirschi)
2013, PG, 6-foot-0, 155 pounds | AAU team: Dallas Mustangs
He is a very skilled, athletic scoring point guard who has a quick first step and plays with great pace. Foster can score in a variety of ways and has a knack for getting the ball to open teammates. He has the ability to receive the outlet pass and be at the rim in an instant. He also can knock down mid-range, pull-up jumpers and 3s off the catch. Foster likes to advance the ball down the floor to a teammate ahead of the pack and is also an excellent penetrator who can kick when he draws multiple defenders. This young guard has a bright future if he continues to improve.

Believe the Jays are recruiting him as a 2 and not a PG
hilltopalum

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 pm

visited OU a month ago

Foster Visits
One of the faster-rising recruits on the national level is Wichita Falls Hirchi’s Marcus Foster.

The 6-foot-2 guard, had a huge summer on the AAU circuit with the Dallas Mustangs but was primarily a mid-major target with Missouri Valley power Creighton and upstart North Texas showing the most interest.

However, those things changed as Foster started off the season hot by having a huge weekend at the Elite14.com Showcase in front of OU coaches. He carried off his impressive performance in the preseason with a 40-point performance on 12 of 16 shooting against Oklahoma’s 2A top ranked team OKC Northeast.

Foster is currently putting up big numbers with averages of 25.9 points 9.4 rebounds.

Now, high majors like Texas Tech and Arizona State covet the services of the West Texas hidden star, with Baylor also showing interest.

Front and center in pursuit of Foster’s services are the Sooners. Following his recent visit to Norman for the Kansas State game, the Sooners are starting to emerge from the pack of schools recruiting him.

“I really like OU,” the 2013 guard told told OUHoops.com. “I like Coach Kruger’s system, and I like the campus environment.”

Foster projects as a guard who can play either position, which is a plus for the system the Kruger regime is looking to put in place.

The Texan is becoming quite familiar with Oklahoma’s system and players, as he has made multiple trips to Norman including to play pickup this summer and taking in some Sooner Pigskin. This trip was the first time he watched the Sooners play on the hardwood though.

“I like all the coaches. It’s obvious they know what they are talking about.”

The combo guard is also a fan of Kruger’s coaching style.

“I enjoy that Kruger is tough on defensive and gives you freedom on offense.”

Sooners fans should look for Foster to make a return visit to Norman before this season ends.
hilltopalum

Postby PorkTornado » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm

That person should be ashamed of themselves. Calling Arizona State and Texas Tech anything more than horrible.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Re: 2013 SG Marcus Foster (offer)

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 pm

4/17 tweet from dfwhoops says Coach's Mac and Lutz were in the see Marcus today. Another tweet said Coach Merf was in Illinois looking at 6'7 2013 F Ben Moore.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 pm

LJay wrote:4/17 tweet from dfwhoops says Coach's Mac and Lutz were in the see Marcus today. Another tweet said Coach Merf was in Illinois looking at 6'7 2013 F Ben Moore.

Great find LJ, the staff is pushing hard for either Marcus Foster or Kendal Harris in 2013.
hilltopalum

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 pm

asked Eric Bossi this today on the Rivals chat:

Comment From hilltopalum
Creighton seems to be heavily involved with Texas wings Marcus Foster and Kendal Harris. Where do they fall in 2013 class? What are the McDermott's chances of landing one of them?
3:01

ericbossi:
I like their chances with Foster better than Harris. Harris seems to be focused more on power conference schools. Foster would be a killer in the Valley. Steve Lutz does a great job getting Creighton in the door with Texas kids.
hilltopalum

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:52 am

Marcus would be a great get. Now if Merf could land Toby Hegner and Nick Fuller that would fill our needs and be a great class. Go Jays!!!
fritzpointer

Re: 2013 SG Marcus Foster (Offered)

Postby hilltopalum » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:59 am

Foster continues to impress as the go-to scorer for the Mustangs.
hilltopalum

Re: 2013 SG Marcus Foster (Offered)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Marcus Foster is one of the few players in the state that can create his own shot off the dribble. Add in Mr. Versatile Nathan Hawkins.

per D/FW hoops
hilltopalum

Next

Return to Recruiting