Recruiting Question

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Recruiting Question

Postby CURx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Hilltop and others that post recruiting info. I was just curious as to what kind of inside information you were getting when you post recruiting info.? I understand that we are looking at 2013 and 2014 kids, recruiting is a fluid thing, and the coaches throw out 'feelers' to get an idea about a kids thoughts on a program, but are these kids with Creighton offer in hand, or potential targets that you have heard about from coaches, or possible targets that you have heard about through websites? I guess it is cool to see these kids and see who is after them, supposedly, but if they are being thrown onto the message board because they got a hello from Coach Lutz/Merefield/DRock, then at least preface your posts with that. If they have a scholly offer or visits lined up, official or unofficial, that would be cool to know. I just would like to know what your approach to posting info is and how that info was attained; just like I asked how that info was attained and how it was determined to be deemed worthy of posting on the other board as that site doesn't seem to post nearly as much info on recruits; or at least in regards to targets.
CURx

Re: Recruiting Question

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I'll work on that
hilltopalum

Postby CURx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 pm

nm
CURx

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:20 pm

CURx wrote:nm

Im working on it :D
hilltopalum

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Hilltop, I really appreciate all of the info on recruiting targets. In my opinion you are doing a much better job than any other site, especially boardsn that make you pay for infornation from 2,000 miles away.
TrueBlueJay

Re: Recruiting

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:32 pm

It is interesting to see all these names popping up, but TBJ brings very good questions to the subject. In the past LJ and a few others and had an inside track on CU recruit info. It seems that hilltoalum has some sort of ath dept connection, which is good. TBJ's questions have much merit in this situation.
Who are serious recruits? Who has just been talked about? Have offers been made?

I agree hta has put in a great deal of effort in this stream of information. It just needs some clarification as to which of the many recruits listed is the coaching staff serious about. Good work in getting the kids' names out here for us. I have been surprised at the wholesale receptivity shown to this stream of work, and the lack of any criticism. ;)

Perhaps there is a hunger for continuous recruiting information.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Return to Recruiting