2014 Wing Tre'Shawn Thurman (UNO Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Wing Tre'Shawn Thurman

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:57 pm

taa71458 wrote:. I'm not an expert scout or recruiter but I can't see us offering Thurman. He's stronger and more athletic than most kids on the HS court but that kind of stuff for an undersized guy will catch up to you really quick when you get to the next level.

That makes more sense than the somewhat unfair academic speculation, as plenty of kids with grade or test issues still end up with more recruiting publicity and offers than Thurman. I always want Omaha guys to succeed, and want any good ones in Omaha not Lincoln.

I finally watched a clip of last night's game. Harrell didn't look very sharp, but between his size and a couple glimpses of nice play, absolutely looks the part of someone who will eventually be a major contributor for us. Gilmore appears more polished at this point, but maybe if I saw enough of Harrell's better games, I'd be very optimistic of what both can bring to the table next Fall.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
taa71458 wrote:. I'm not an expert scout or recruiter but I can't see us offering Thurman. He's stronger and more athletic than most kids on the HS court but that kind of stuff for an undersized guy will catch up to you really quick when you get to the next level.

That makes more sense than the somewhat unfair academic speculation, as plenty of kids with grade or test issues still end up with more recruiting publicity and offers than Thurman. I always want Omaha guys to succeed, and want any good ones in Omaha not Lincoln.

I finally watched a clip of last night's game. Harrell didn't look very sharp, but between his size and a couple glimpses of nice play, absolutely looks the part of someone who will eventually be a major contributor for us. Gilmore appears more polished at this point, but maybe if I saw enough of Harrell's better games, I'd be very optimistic of what both can bring to the table next Fall.

I haven't watched a ton of film on Harrell, but from what I've seen I wouldn't be shocked to see him take a RS next fall. It's going to depend on how much our other outside shooters improve going into the fall. Physically, with his growth sports, I think he could use a good year of S&C to get ready for the jump in competition. Like Hegner last year, he looks like a classic high skill player who can use a year to just grow into his body.

Gilmore will play immediately, I think.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm likewise not an expert scout, but have seen Thurman in person and am puzzled by the lack of interest from big programs. He's got good shooting range and bigtime athletic ability around the rim. He got lost in the shuffle last year with Akoy and all the guards at Central, but he's playing well this year. I'd see him as a big 3, rather than a small 4 in college. Guess we'll see what happens this spring.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:19 pm

12 points and 7 rebounds against Marquette. UNO got a steal with him.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby R Jay » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:12 points and 7 rebounds against Marquette. UNO got a steal with him.

I was saying the same thing after watching him during Summer League. Super athletic and a big scorer. He will give teams trouble in the Summit League.
I wonder if he'll end up sticking around at UNO for four years or if he will try to transfer to a bigger school.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Previous

Return to Recruiting