Coaching Staff

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coaching Staff

Postby LynchMob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 pm

What's with the sudden know-nothing negativity train? He was an assistant at a mid major program now he is an assistant at a major program... who did you expect, John Calipari?
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Jays26 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Boy a few people on here really think they have a clue.
Jays26

Postby RVB » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Former Bluejay Alan Huss returns to alma mater as assistant coach

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... b7178.html
RVB

Postby T-bone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 am

LynchMob wrote:What's with the sudden know-nothing negativity train? He was an assistant at a mid major program now he is an assistant at a major program... who did you expect, John Calipari?

Now that would be an impressive hire :D
T-bone

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:46 am

I like that he has ties to the geographic areas that we should have a strong recruiting focus on: Kansas City, Chicago, and Indianapolis. I like that he has ties to high school coaches and AAU programs in those areas. I like that he is younger in that we do not have that demographic on the staff currently.

First duty of business Al - make a call to LaLu and see what can be done to close the deal on Tugs. Ask about Tyga while you've got them on the phone as well.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 am

We don't have a young coach on the team? What? Do you know Preston Murphy is employed by Creighton?
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby Polyfro » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:We don't have a young coach on the team? What? Do you know Preston Murphy is employed by Creighton?

Good point. Murphy and Huss are practically the same age -- Murphy is 39 and Huss is 38.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby shadow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 am

Well I certainly hope HUSS coaches and recruits a hell of lot better than he played ! He sucked as a player as one of long line of CU big goons
going back to Bresnehan,Pyfrom,the Louisville transfer clown,and even Brody ! There's never anything dumber than a dumb big man in any walk of life !
shadow

Postby mredle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 am

Bottom line is that people in the coaching profession know one another or know of one another. Coaches know what they need to try to replace and maybe what needs to be strengthened in hiring a new assistant. People on the internet usually do not. So people can spout off about whether he's a good hire or not but unless people are college coaches the negative comments are likely baseless. The positive comments based on where people have connections at least provide something that might suggest areas where we are trying to gain a recruiting foothold. Lutz had connections in Texas and elsewhere. Huss has connections in Ill, and Ind and elsewhere. Texas may not be as sustainable over the long haul. We don't have a single player from Ill or Ind on our roster. Though it seems like every year we try to recruit someone out of a Chicago school. Currently we are after at least 2 Illinois players for 2018. Even the Huskers beat us in pursuit of a point guard from Chicago a couple of years ago. Call me crazy but I think strengthening our efforts in Chicago makes sense.
mredle

Postby mredle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 am

shadow wrote:Well I certainly hope HUSS coaches and recruits a hell of lot better than he played ! He sucked as a player as one of long line of CU big goons
going back to Bresnehan,Pyfrom,the Louisville transfer clown,and even Brody ! There's never anything dumber than a dumb big man in any walk of life !

There is one thing dumber than a dumb big man.
mredle

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops