Nebraska game thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Nebraska game thread

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 am

Jordan Scurry will lead the Jays with 22 points.

This stat will prove that our Big East All-Academic team selection and walk-on is better than the scholarship players UNL recruits.

KT and MF will get hoarse cheering from the bench.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby SendDustyIn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 am

Hot Taek Alert:

I think we hang a hundo on them. Hopefully UNL keeps it close in the first half so Mac doesn't call off the dogs too early.

I'm just worried about the hangover game where we struggle against a buy team.
SendDustyIn

Postby Panhandle Jay » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:37 am

In all seriousness, we should worry more about UT-Arlington, who has a legitimate team and could beat us. Nebraska is coached by Tim Miles and Coach McDermott owns his ass like nobody has ever owned anything.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 20
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am

Our only real motivation on Saturday is to take the lead in the all-time series against the Corn. Mac, of course, has his personal streak against Miles to keep alive.

I’m really excited to see Scurry crowned as our new scoring threat. Ronnie might break some of the rebounding records of HOF member Paul Silas. Clement also might break some of Ryan Sears’ assist records.

Historic game this Saturday.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Easypaddy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am

Per usual, Creighton will be ready to play. Nebraska will wander in to the Clink with a "Is this a rivalry?" look on there collective face.

We will win comfortably, but they do have some pieces this year. If it weren't Mac vs Miles, I could see this being close.
Easypaddy

Postby RVB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Game Notes for Nebraska at Creighton

http://gocreighton.com/news/2017/12/7/m ... rnoon.aspx
RVB

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Here's my favorite post from over on their board so far:

I don't hate Creighton as much as I did when they were in a high school conference and got to the tournament every year with Big 12 bottom level talent. Back then, the game hurt our RPI whether we won or lost. Doc was right when he said it was bad for Nebraska basketball.

Now they have proven themselves to be a legitimately average P5 school who sniffs the Top 25 once every few seasons and makes the NCAA tournament a couple of times a decade. It's no longer a bad game for our RPI. In fact, it's a pretty nice luxury. I'm all for it now. I'm sure Doc would be too. At least the team we're playing is an honest product now.

I guess if you can convince yourself to believe in complete fantasy, it's all good.

But I'm pretty sure they've been the RPI anchor for a long time now -- even before we left our "high school conference" (where we were also already kicking their ass from) -- and we "sniff" the NCAA tournament more than a couple of times a decade -- certainly much more than their program which is still desperately searching for its first ever win in the NCAA tournament.

They are also pretty fired up over there that we actually have the audacity to expect to win this game and think that fan sentiment based on the past decade should be all over their team's bulletin board! Oh, and they think Shatel is our beat writer. And that Bahe is a huge Creighton homer. And . . .
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jays26 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:08 pm

This is by far my favorite:

I really think this is the year

Never gets old. :lol:
Jays26

Postby westojay » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Jays26 wrote:This is by far my favorite:

I really think this is the year

Never gets old. :lol:

This is the post that they say they have more depth than us. More bulletin board material.
westojay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 pm

... and "this" year's Jays team isn't the kind of team that has given them trouble in the past -- you know, they don't struggle against teams that have national player of the year candidates, multiple all-conference players, score 90+ points a game, have mobile and athletic bigs, top 100 freshmen, etc.
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops