2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:04 pm

Dough Boy

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:13 pm

Jaysfan100 wrote:
Realhoops wrote:Carny on Twitter / X with a cryptic post that seems to suggest something about Mac and Micah Parish of San Diego State.

https://twitter.com/BECarousel/status/1 ... 8602687708

With us going after 2 veteran guards in the portal it makes me wonder
A.Mason is becoming the sixth man next year!
B.Ash isn’t coming back
C. Someone is going to transfer we were not expecting.

Can’t agree with this. Jays are down to 10 scholarship players including 3 true frosh this year even if everyone comes back. The Jays need a Baylor replacement, a big and a guard from the portal big time. I believe we are going after multiple guards because you have to cast a net to ensure you get a fish. Parrish is a small forward and would be the Baylor replacement.

As for a big, I’m not seeing where we go next. Kentucky is now after Amari Williams and he (or more likely his agent) will work a big bag out of them we likely can’t match. We’ll see.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:43 pm

Will command a large bag. Not sure Jays have the cash to make it work but appreciate they are kicking over all rocks.

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jaysfan100 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:40 pm

LJay wrote:
Jaysfan100 wrote:
Realhoops wrote:Carny on Twitter / X with a cryptic post that seems to suggest something about Mac and Micah Parish of San Diego State.

B.Ash isn’t coming back

Can’t agree with this. Jays are down to 10 scholarship players including 3 true frosh this year even if everyone comes back. The Jays need a Baylor replacement, a big and a guard from the portal big time. I believe we are going after multiple guards because you have to cast a net to ensure you get a fish. Parrish is a small forward and would be the Baylor replacement.

As for a big, I’m not seeing where we go next. Kentucky is now after Amari Williams and he (or more likely his agent) will work a big bag out of them we likely can’t match. We’ll see.

Is Parrish better then green though? Green seemed to be more of a starter at the end of the year than mason. So is Mason planning to be a six man
Jaysfan100

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:11 pm

Neither one can play the 3 in the CU system. They will split duty and I see Green in a small ball 5 role occasionally.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:12 pm

LJay wrote:
Jaysfan100 wrote:

B.Ash isn’t coming back

I'm with you - we are searching for a 2 guard who can make things happen. We're open to a smaller guy so long as they can create shots and shoot to keep spacing, and Miller's not coming back to be a 6th man

If there is a chance Kalkbrenner will come back it may make us more hesitant in finding a big pending the decision.

If Kalkbrenner returns, we likely bring in a younger big man for development, but some combo of Traudt and Green help for depth up front
If he doesn't return, it will be very difficult to find a traditional big, so I suspect we go with Traudt and a depth guy for stretch big

But assuming Trey is leaving, finding a 2 will be the first key decision point in this offseason
Last edited by Chicagojayfan on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

I believe this kid was the first to mention a CU contact in the latest portal wars.

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jaysfan100 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 pm

LJay wrote:Neither one can play the 3 in the CU system. They will split duty and I see Green in a small ball 5 role occasionally.

So you are expecting green to be the sixth man
Jaysfan100

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 pm

LJay wrote:Will command a large bag. Not sure Jays have the cash to make it work but appreciate they are kicking over all rocks.

I watched a ton of his games this year and he really reminds me of Nate Funk. Same size also. I would love to have him be a Jay.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby LJay » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 pm

Raw last year but a good motor and some skills. Dunked on Kalk! Interesting.

89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops