2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:25 pm

NYC-bluejay wrote:Kinda sucks he waited this long to announce it. Bit of a head scratcher to me, do we pay less than the g league?

I don't think the timing really had any impact. The staff operated as if he wasn't returning, and I'm sure that's what they told the backcourt targets they've been pursuing.

If anybody is confused by this they haven't been paying attention. Trey is confident in his abilities and playing in the NBA has always been his dream and goal. He wants to start that journey now and will get an opportunity to do so. From there it'll be up to him to make the most of it.
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
NYC-bluejay wrote:Kinda sucks he waited this long to announce it. Bit of a head scratcher to me, do we pay less than the g league?

I don't think the timing really had any impact. The staff operated as if he wasn't returning, and I'm sure that's what they told the backcourt targets they've been pursuing.

If anybody is confused by this they haven't been paying attention. Trey is confident in his abilities and playing in the NBA has always been his dream and goal. He wants to start that journey now and will get an opportunity to do so. From there it'll be up to him to make the most of it.

Agree - Coaches have definitely been bringing in enough guards in the portal that they must have been thinking he was going to declare. It certainly didn't look like it was a surprise to the staff

Best of luck to him. I think he had some ups and downs last year, but also made some progress that will serve him well on the next level. A great Blue Jay and a big part of a special set of seasons!
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jays26 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 pm

Most of your posts are "head scratchers"
Jays26

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 pm

Jays back to 10 scholarship players.

Sr/grad
Ashworth G
Kalk C
Neal G/F

Jr
Miller F

Soph
Traudt F
Green F

Frosh
Knox G
McAndrew F
Johnson G
Davis G

Pretty good positional balance. Need another big. Need another ball handler. Another in Miller’s class? Other? Kinda bummed about the Hall kid from BYU. I thought he checked major boxes.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby CUGrads03 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 pm

Gonna take a bit longer for my last memory of Trey to not be a missed bunny followed by his hands on his knees and a rebound bouncing around until a UT player lazily grabbed it. Plan is to have it medically erased from my memory so I can just appreciate everything else that we were so lucky to have and see from him. What a great dude. My oldest son grew up mimicking McD and his deep breath/shoulder shrug on free throws. My second child (daughter) likes Trey’s zen like moment before his free throws.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby bleedblue » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Creighton St John's and BYU are the final 3 for Pop Isaacs
bleedblue

Postby jaysfor3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm

I hope for the very best with Trey. He was a class
act and mostly automatic from mid-range. He’ll be missed.
jaysfor3

Postby Jaysfan100 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:46 pm

People are shocked? He was projected as a late second rounder last year. This year he looks to be an early second rounder, of course he’s gone. Thanks Trey for the fun 3 seasons.

Hopefully we get pop.
Jaysfan100

Postby Venturajay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 pm

Trey was a great player and seemed like a great teammate. He will be missed, good luck. Getting three years out of a player that doesn't hit the portal at this moment is rare. Thanks for the loyalty Trey.
Venturajay

Postby DC_JAY » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

Jaysfan100 wrote:People are shocked? He was projected as a late second rounder last year. This year he looks to be an early second rounder, of course he’s gone. Thanks Trey for the fun 3 seasons.

Hopefully we get pop.

I would be surprised if he goes early in the second round. Hope I'm wrong.
DC_JAY

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops