Ryan Kalkbrenner

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Ryan Kalkbrenner

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 01, 2024 4:37 pm

Creighton arguably just went from borderline Top 7 in the Big East to borderline Top 7 in the country.

I thought the next 30 days would be an ulcer-inducing "when will he decide?" collection of paranoia, uncertainty and dread. Now, we celebrate! I was thinking about doing a dry May. Nope!

Nobody will replace Baylor and Trey one-to-one, but collectively, Pop, Neal, the freshmen, and an evolution of the games of Mason/Jasen/Isaac/Fred can do some things. Pop averaged nearly 16 points in a top conference on one of the slower-paced teams in the country. In Creighton's offense, look out! And Neal brings some wing athleticism/defense we haven't had in a while.

Let the countdown begin! Only about 6 months and some change until the first exhibition game!
vivid_dude

Postby Trifecta » Wed May 01, 2024 4:51 pm

vivid_dude wrote:

Kalkbrenner actually responded....two minutes after Helmzy said Kalkbrenner would never respond. :?

:lol:

LFG! Roll Jays baby!
Trifecta

Postby SeattleJay » Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 pm

This would seem to create a top 2 tier in the BE.

Creighton and that other team who has done pretty well the last 2 years, whose name shall not be spoken.
SeattleJay

Postby SeattleJay » Wed May 01, 2024 5:01 pm

Seems like Kalk should be in the running for BE preseason POY.
SeattleJay

Postby Scobar » Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 pm

Project 11

NIL needs a little boost it looks like.

https://links.engage.ticketmaster.com/s ... &mt=1&rt=0
Scobar

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:44 pm

#RollJays wrote:
WBR Tom wrote:This is an objectively hilarious way to announce it.

Love it

very cool and very funny :) :)

Most important offseason decision for us just happened

We've got the makings of a very good team again next year - some new guys to work into the rotation, some young guys who need to step up, but Kalk is the anchor defensively and offensively
Chicagojayfan

Postby NYC-bluejay » Wed May 01, 2024 5:47 pm

Scobar wrote:Project 11

Don’t blame them for doing their best to keep us competitive in this - but the idea that the average Joe should be handing over money to help us pay highly paid college athletes is gross.
NYC-bluejay

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Wed May 01, 2024 5:49 pm

NYC-bluejay wrote:
Scobar wrote:Project 11

Don’t blame them for doing their best to keep us competitive in this - but the idea that the average Joe should be handing over money to help us pay highly paid college athletes is gross.

I don’t think anyone is under the expectation the should be giving. If you can financially great, if not no worries is how I see it
BenningtonBluejay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:55 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Creighton arguably just went from borderline Top 7 in the Big East to borderline Top 7 in the country.

I thought the next 30 days would be an ulcer-inducing "when will he decide?" collection of paranoia, uncertainty and dread. Now, we celebrate! I was thinking about doing a dry May. Nope!

Nobody will replace Baylor and Trey one-to-one, but collectively, Pop, Neal, the freshmen, and an evolution of the games of Mason/Jasen/Isaac/Fred can do some things. Pop averaged nearly 16 points in a top conference on one of the slower-paced teams in the country. In Creighton's offense, look out! And Neal brings some wing athleticism/defense we haven't had in a while.

Let the countdown begin! Only about 6 months and some change until the first exhibition game!

Borderline top 7 in the BE is pushing it a bit. Mac's finished 7 or lower once in the entire time we've been in the BE, and finished 6th one other time.

This completely changes the trajectory and intent for next year. This is like Edey coming back to Purdue or like Clingan coming back to UConn last year. Even with the changes this team is set for another run, and hopefully and even better run with some luck
Chicagojayfan

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 01, 2024 6:15 pm

“Arguably borderline” leave me a lot of wiggle room.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops