Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby drbluejay » Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 am

D Jay Fan wrote:Hopefully a less stocked tournament means we want to get more players minutes to prove themselves. We rarely play tournaments to prepare for conference season. We should this year.
Avoid quad 3 loses but play 8 to 9 deep to get ready for BE play even if it means a loss or 2. Finish in the top 4 on the BE and you're in tbe dance. Baylor was exhausted the end of the year but wouldn't admit it. More players less minutes. It's a long season. Never too up, never too down

This tournament is stacked to the highest level and you always play to win each and every game. I sure hope our goal is not to finish in the top 4 in the conference but much higher than that.
drbluejay

Postby bleedblue » Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 am

Looking at the field and how organizers would want to create the bracket I would guess we will be on the same side as Houston and Texas A&M. I'm not sure if teams can make any requests but we likely will ask to be opposite if oregon. I would think our likely first round matchup will be Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Rutgers or SDSU. With a 2nd round game vs Houston.
bleedblue

Postby LJay » Sun May 12, 2024 8:37 am

According to this article, a decision on whether this is an 8 team tournament or two 4 team pods has not been decided. If the latter it says CU is in a pod with Oregon, A&M and SD State. If 8 I would then surmise this would be one side of the bracket but the article isn’t specific on that issue.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... finalized/
89 - 60
LJay

Postby BellevueJay » Sun May 12, 2024 4:34 pm

LJay wrote:According to this article, a decision on whether this is an 8 team tournament or two 4 team pods has not been decided. If the latter it says CU is in a pod with Oregon, A&M and SD State. If 8 I would then surmise this would be one side of the bracket but the article isn’t specific on that issue.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... finalized/

More SD State...might as well invite them to the Big East already, since we play them so often. Also, I really don't want to face Dana 4 times either, I like when we go and get a mix of high level schools that we do not play on a regular basis and doesn't have some secondary story line to tell.
BellevueJay

Postby vjay » Mon May 13, 2024 1:30 pm

I understand that moving to the Players Era Festival is a no-brainer as far as the NIL impact... I do wonder how much of a grudge Battle 4 Atlantis organizers will hold against us in offering an invite down the road. I would think they'd tell us to go jump in the ocean... I have been to B4A once and it was awesome.
vjay

Postby LJay » Thu May 16, 2024 11:06 am

Let’s pound em!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby jays911 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm

LJay wrote:Let’s pound em!

+1. I was at that debacle.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby SeattleJay » Thu May 16, 2024 3:44 pm

As a west coast guy, I thought it would be fun to go to the games in LV the last 2 years. Despite having great teams we lost 3 games in sin city. The only “good news” is that we only lost one game in LV last year; as opposed to the 2 losses the year before.

So I guess the trend line is improving.

It’s time for some home cooking.
SeattleJay

Postby cr8ngrad » Thu May 16, 2024 3:56 pm

SeattleJay wrote:The only “good news” is that we only lost one game in LV last year; as opposed to the 2 losses the year before.

So I guess the trend line is improving.

Better improve fast with the Players Era Festival!! :lol:
cr8ngrad

Postby LJay » Thu May 16, 2024 4:14 pm

With a three year commitment to the Festival that will be five straight years going to Vegas. The variety of quality shows are a good thing about Sin City but there is nothing else about Vegas that I like.
89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops