Coach Mac

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coach Mac

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:58 pm

With Coach Mac turning down high caliber jobs twice during his time at CU, you gotta think he’s after legacy/community more than personal reputation. Good on the university for recognizing his impact on CU athletics.

I would think this is his final wave of recruits he’ll finish his career with and will most likely retire in 3-4 years. You know he’s looking for that Final Four to put in his cap, and I really hope he can get it done.
Eye of the Jay

Postby JayPak » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:33 pm

Probably a sign that Mac intends to finish his career here.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby CUGrads03 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:07 pm

JayPak wrote:Probably a sign that Mac intends to finish his career here.

A better sign is the fact that he’s said it openly many times that it’s his desire to do so. But I guess the name on the building is, in fact, a more physical sign.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:05 pm

Mike Sautter sat down with Mac to talk about leadership, culture and more for his Engineering Culture series for Hurrdat Sports.

You can watch the whole thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlr_ksIvlY
JacobPadilla

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:29 am

Good Morning all,

Just sittin' here scrolling thru the net: BJU, Twitter, ESPN, others, etc. A minor epiphany...after viewing our #18 recruiting class in 2024 and a good haul in the portal.

As the 70's commercials used to say: 'We've come a long way, baby.' Remembering some of us forecasting and projecting eventual success 10 years up the road in 2013, but it was all projection, conjecture, wishful thinking /along with those whose thoughts were that Fr Lannon had overplayed his hand and we would fail in the 'big leagues'.

Yes, as one of the DA campers, I objected to our new coach and did so for a number of seasons until he won a Big East RS Championship. I have eaten much crow, especially lately as Mac has taken us to 3 or 4 SS's and an Elite Eight. After consistently competing in the top tier of the conference regularly, our Jays have grown to the point of being habitually named in the media, consistently competing & winning against 'traditional' power conference teams, and are now a regularly featured team in the Rankings polls. Thank you Fr. Lannon and thank you Ras, Coach Mac and staffs, and thank you my beloved Creighton Bluejays (lil' Creighton). Continued successes and making us all proud, and 'git' me my Natty trophy baby! :D ;)
I got nuthin' but luv for you bluejays...(Heavy D)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops