Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Future Schedules

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 am

Since this always seems to be a popular topic of discussion during the long offseason months, I thought I'd "sticky" a thread with all the future schedule info (2012-13 and beyond) that we currently know about. Here's the link to not only Creighton's future schedules, but the other MVC schools as well, compiled by Wildjays:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?page_id=293

Feel free to add to this thread as other games are announced! We'll keep the master list on WBR (the above link) up-to-date as well.
WBR Tom

Re: Future Schedules

Postby wildjays » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 am

Here is a compilation of what appears to be Creighton's schedule for next season. Looks like unless there is some shifting going on with UAB or Tulsa games, the Nebraska contract isn't renewed or ESPN takes Creighton out of Bracketbusters to create a TV game against a good team because of McDermott hype then this is what appears to be the schedule. They are booked up.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=17825
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:56 am

wildjays wrote:...the Nebraska contract isn't renewed...

I watched some of the Creighton-Nebraska baseball game on NET. Kugler interviewed Miles at one point and specifically asked him about playing Creighton. To Miles' credit, he specifically said that Nebraska will continue to play Creighton and that he will find a way to make it happen. It struck me as a complete 180 from comments that Doc and Collier had made about wanting to end the series.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Trifecta » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:39 am

It's going to suck have to have such a likable guy coaching down there. Maybe when we wax them he'll be profusely complimentary or something...
Trifecta

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm

It was already reported by the Idaho Statesman a few months ago, but now Creighton has also put out a press release officially confirming that Boise State is the opponent for the MVC/MWC Challenge. The game will be November 28 in Omaha.

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle. ... =205418334

The real news is the entire slate of games, since that hadn't really been made public yet:

San Diego State at Missouri State
Fresno State at SIU
Wichita State at Air Force
Evansville at Colorado State
Drake at Nevada
New Mexico at Indiana State
Wyoming at Illinois State
UNI at UNLV

Bradley sits this year out, since there's only nine teams in the MWC.
WBR Tom

Postby Rik » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Polyfro wrote:The real news is the entire slate of games, since that hadn't really been made public yet:

San Diego State at Missouri State
Fresno State at SIU
Wichita State at Air Force
Evansville at Colorado State
Drake at Nevada
New Mexico at Indiana State
Wyoming at Illinois State
UNI at UNLV

Bradley sits this year out, since there's only nine teams in the MWC.

I'd switch Wichita and Evansville, but besides that, it looks like a pretty solid slate of games.
Rik

Postby jays911 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

MW challenge announced: [link]
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 pm

jays911 wrote:MW challenge announced: [link]

Yuck.

Sucks that the MWC road teams were SDSU (who we just played in this last year), Fresno St. (who we have played more times than anyone really would care to), New Mexico (who we played in this in the first year), and Boise and Wyoming. Of the two teams left that we haven't played, I would have preferred Wyoming -- there is almost no upside at all to playing Boise.

Wish there could have been a way to work it out to have Sand Diego State come to Omaha for a rematch of last year's game instead. At least we'll have the spectacular bracket baster to get a guaranteed great nonconference game that we couldn't have scheduled totally on our own ...
Outlaw_Wales

Postby TBC Alum » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Can we swap places with Bradley this year? Let them play Boise and we'll take the open spot!
TBC Alum

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 am

The preseason MVC favorite gets a game against a sub-.500 team that is geographically as far away as any team in the MWC with ZERO basketball history. Nice. :x

At least there is some history and a common state border with Wyoming. That would have been a better matchup.

Can we blame this on Elgin too?! :twisted:
89 - 60
LJay

Next

Return to Men's Hoops