Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby bigredtank » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:00 am

Wyoming would have been fun. Unless there is a blue carpet involved I rather doubt many watch Boise State athletics.
bigredtank

Postby CUJay » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

CUJay

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Rob A. was saying last week that a big announcement was coming on CU basketball, other than that I have no idea.
fritzpointer

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 pm

We had a good year last season.
Expecting to be very good again this coming season - and ranked in both polls again.
We have a 1st Team AA who is returning. Can't hurt the Big 6 to 'give us' a game.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Rik » Tue May 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Umm...I'm not sure I like the idea of playing UNC unless it's in Omaha or a Neutral site (so realistically, a neutral site). Their players and fans will NOT forget what we "did" to them and their national title hopes. I would not feel safe sending our boys to Chapel Hill.

It is unclear, though, to what university the owner of the twitter account is referring.
Rik

Postby Jays26 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 pm

It would be insane to go down and play at their place after what happened. Not that I wouldn't LOVE the chance to go down and beat them in their place which I think we would have a pretty good shot at doing especially early in the year, but those hicks from the back country don't forget.
Jays26

Postby vjay » Tue May 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Could be a twitter phony. Looks like this might be the actual Justin Watts...

http://twitter.com/#!/mynameisjwatts

With all that being said, I sure hope this isn't a buy game at their house.

Would be cool to do a one-time neutral or even a 2-for-1 (one of the few programs I think it would okay to do those terms with). But with Barnes gone from UNC I'm not sure this happens. I can't see UNC doing a one-for-one with the Jays.

I guess we'll all know soon enough.
vjay

Postby cujaysfan » Tue May 01, 2012 1:27 pm

i'd actually not have a huge issue with doing a one off at their place.

this is a team that we were a little outclassed by - on a day where we shot poorly. but - all those guys are gone.

i think we'd have a real chance of beating them if it was an early game - anywhere - including on their floor.

plus - i'd love to see EW rain threes and really shove it up their crazy fans collective asses.
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Tue May 01, 2012 1:50 pm

vjay wrote:Would be cool to do a one-time neutral or even a 2-for-1 (one of the few programs I think it would okay to do those terms with). But with Barnes gone from UNC I'm not sure this happens. I can't see UNC doing a one-for-one with the Jays.

Remember that UNC does have another Iowa kid joining the roster this fall in Marcus Paige from Grant Gibbs' home town of Marion. I don't know if that is enough, but it is something.... Perhaps a game in Des Moines? Roy does have a history of playing games at or near the home towns of recruits. They even played at Evansville for Tyler Zeller recently.

I could see ESPN putting something like this together and billing it as "revenge" for Kendal Marshall match... They could probably market it pretty well...

I don't see it happening though.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm

I could see ESPN putting something like this together and billing it as "revenge" for Kendal Marshall match... They could probably market it pretty well...

I think most of the world a) wouldn't know what the hell this meant b) couldn't care less if they did.
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops