Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Jaybird » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:28 pm

NC State's five-star center, Omer Yurtseven, has now been ruled ineligible until December 15.
Jaybird

Postby section202jay » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Do we have any scheduled home/home series starting next year? We just finished the ASU one, who next? We had the OU series. Would be nice to get another one against a western team. Maybe UNLV? Vegas!
section202jay

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

section202jay wrote:Do we have any scheduled home/home series starting next year? We just finished the ASU one, who next? We had the OU series. Would be nice to get another one against a western team. Maybe UNLV? Vegas!

yeah, id be curious to see who the next scheduling home and home would be. hopefully its a decent f5 team. west coast would be nice, maybe like USC? unlv stinks so i dont think they would be worth it imo. there is always rumors about gonzaga as well...
Jet915

Postby section202jay » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Jet915 wrote:
section202jay wrote:Do we have any scheduled home/home series starting next year? We just finished the ASU one, who next? We had the OU series. Would be nice to get another one against a western team. Maybe UNLV? Vegas!

yeah, id be curious to see who the next scheduling home and home would be. hopefully its a decent f5 team. west coast would be nice, maybe like USC? unlv stinks so i dont think they would be worth it imo. there is always rumors about gonzaga as well...

The Mountain West is nowhere near what they once were. And yeah, unlv is average at best. But Vegas.
section202jay

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:13 pm

I just want away games against opponents that you can actually travel to. Those are few and far between now that we are in the Big East. There's DePaul & Marquette. That's about it. And this is the first year where a trip to Chicago for DePaul actually works (weekend game). I am excited for our nonexempt tournament next season in KC, so that's a nice addition.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby jaysfan_9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Hello all Creighton fans! I have a question regarding the Bluejays upcoming basketball game in which the men will travel to Providence, Rhode Island to take on the Friars. As a young fan traveling from New York State to attend the game, I was wondering if anyone knew the hotel at which the team will be staying? I would love to stop by and possibly even stay there to see the player and coaches. If anyone has any information that they believe could help in my effort to see the team this upcoming Saturday please respond ASAP. Thank you very much in advance, and as always... Go Jays!
jaysfan_9

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Old MVC Days wrote:I just want away games against opponents that you can actually travel to. Those are few and far between now that we are in the Big East. There's DePaul & Marquette. That's about it. And this is the first year where a trip to Chicago for DePaul actually works (weekend game). I am excited for our nonexempt tournament next season in KC, so that's a nice addition.

I wouldn't be opposed to a home and home with Iowa or ISU as I think it would add some extra proximity intrigue to the games that OK and ASU did not. Other than that, I know there are a lot of CU alumni in the Twin Cities, so a home and home w/ Minnesota would be fun. The Illini is another option. Personally, I wouldn't want to travel to the West Coast for a home and home unless it was against Dana and Oregon (maybe UCLA since nothing would give me more satisfaction than beating Alford). ACC is particularly deep and one with a mid-tier program would definitely be manageable - say Pitt or Clemson.

Either way, we need to get 1 or 2 home and home series over the next couple years to protect against not getting included in the Gavitt Games (going to happen one of the next 2 seasons) and keeping our non-con RPI up there.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Dundee Hipster » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm all for regional home and home series. Problem is, they're not fun weekend destinations really. West coast/Mountain west area provides that.
Dundee Hipster

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 pm

I could appreciate one Big12 H&H (state of Ok or Kansas or Iowa), an H&H w B1G (either Iowa, UMinn, or NW'ern), or w Mizzou or Ark of the SEC.

Should the staff decide to play a Valley team, SIU would be my 1st choice. If they Jays play out West make it a 2?game trip and add San Diego St or my favs...Fresno St as part of the road trip (I miss Fresno St).
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I could appreciate one Big12 H&H (state of Ok or Kansas or Iowa), an H&H w B1G (either Iowa, UMinn, or NW'ern), or w Mizzou or Ark of the SEC.

Should the staff decide to play a Valley team, SIU would be my 1st choice. If they Jays play out West make it a 2?game trip and add San Diego St or my favs...Fresno St as part of the road trip (I miss Fresno St).

Fresno State? If anything, that would be a buy game....
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops