Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:48 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Wisconsin lost 1 senior, in little used Gd jordan Smith. The team is not deep and will rely heavily on their ironmen and a hoard of pure and redshirted frosh. They will rely on 7 frosh to augment 9 returnees, of which Koenig, Showalter, and Hayes have over 30mpg. Happ and Brown are over 20 mpg. They generally run 7 deep, with Illikainen and Thomas under 10 mpg.

If their ironmen get tired, have an off night, or get into foul trouble...they will have major issues. They have a ton of questions to answer, a heap of chemistry and leadership work to do, and the burden of exceedingly high expectations on their shoulders. Jays get them at home 2 games into the season. I like the upset.

I don't think they're going to have leadership issues with Hayes, Koenig, Showalter, and Brown...all vets.
bluejayfan00

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:05 am

or 'ironmen' getting tired in game two of their season.
cujaysfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:11 am

cujaysfan wrote:or 'ironmen' getting tired in game two of their season.

:lol:
bluejayfan00

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Wisconsin lost 1 senior, in little used Gd jordan Smith. The team is not deep and will rely heavily on their ironmen and a hoard of pure and redshirted frosh. They will rely on 7 frosh to augment 9 returnees, of which Koenig, Showalter, and Hayes have over 30mpg. Happ and Brown are over 20 mpg. They generally run 7 deep, with Illikainen and Thomas under 10 mpg.

If their ironmen get tired, have an off night, or get into foul trouble...they will have major issues. They have a ton of questions to answer, a heap of chemistry and leadership work to do, and the burden of exceedingly high expectations on their shoulders. Jays get them at home 2 games into the season. I like the upset.

I don't think they're going to have leadership issues with Hayes, Koenig, Showalter, and Brown...all vets.

by cujaysfan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:05 am
or 'ironmen' getting tired in game two of their season.

So what are u 2 saying? That Wisconsin is unbeatable (in Omaha)? Or what other pearls of wisdom do u have to offer the discussion?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:30 pm

GTMO, no one said Wisconsin is unbeatable. Personally, I think we have a great chance to win this game.. I just whole heartedly disagreed with your assessment of Wisky. They shouldn't have leadership problems with the roster they have.. that would be a major issue. And they shouldn't be worn out in the 2nd game of the year. Calm yourself.
bluejayfan00

Postby Jet915 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 am

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Wake Forest, Colorado, Houston, Quinnipiac, Liberty, Drexel, Drake, and Mercer will headline the 2017 Paradise Jam, per multiple sources.

Wow, thats even worse than this year...
Jet915

Postby LJay » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:03 am

NC State, Washington State, Creighton, Ole Miss, St Joe's. That's a bad field?

I guess some won't be happy unless Duke and Michigan State are in the field with CU.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:28 pm

LJay wrote:NC State, Washington State, Creighton, Ole Miss, St Joe's. That's a bad field?

I guess some won't be happy unless Duke and Michigan State are in the field with CU.

I didn't say bad field (although its average at best when it comes to tournaments), I said WORSE then this year.
Jet915

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Actually Jet you said EVEN worse than this year, which implies you think this year is pretty awful.

Not a great field, but we could be playing a lot of power 5 teams. Works for me.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Jet915 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:52 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:Actually Jet you said EVEN worse than this year, which implies you think this year is pretty awful.

Not a great field, but we could be playing a lot of power 5 teams. Works for me.

Exactly, you imply something I didn't say. If the field is "average", even worse, means "even worse than average."
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops