Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby cidsports » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Hopefully a better outcome this go around against Boise State. Creighton has an upward ladder to climb in 2018-19.
cidsports

Postby wildjays » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:58 am

East Tennessee State on 11/11.

The good news is that they were 25-9 last season and lost in their conference tourney finals which kept them out of the NCAA Tournament.

The bad news--lost 8 seniors, have one guy that returns that had significant playing time (and also sounds like coming off an injury) and currently show 6 players on their roster.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-849993.html
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 am

wildjays wrote:East Tennessee State on 11/11.

The good news is that they were 25-9 last season and lost in their conference tourney finals which kept them out of the NCAA Tournament.

The bad news--lost 8 seniors, have one guy that returns that had significant playing time (and also sounds like coming off an injury) and currently show 6 players on their roster.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-849993.html

If it was last year's ETSU team, that'd be one of those under-the-radar/sneaky good games -- they had a 22-point second half lead on the road at Xavier last December before losing 68-66. Were highly competitive in Lexington against Kentucky, too. And were a Top 100 team in just about every metric.

But as you said, the team coming to Omaha this fall isn't that one. It's a massive rebuild, and thus just your usual run-of-the-mill buy game body bag. (Not that there's anything wrong with that this year, given what else is on the schedule).
WBR Tom

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Polyfro wrote: (Not that there's anything wrong with that this year, given what else is on the schedule).

With what we know about the schedule for this coming year, I actually have very little issue if the rest of it is filled with cream puffs.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby wildjays » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 pm

White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby BoarCommaThe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:54 am

wildjays wrote:Gonzaga home game is December 1st.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/j ... state-nor/

We better make sure that is a NIGHT game on a SATURDAY...
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Oldfan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:06 am

One would hope it’s a night game on national TV.
Oldfan

Postby BoarCommaThe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Only bad thing is that is the football conference championship games Saturday. It will probably make it an afternoon game because of this.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby drbluejay » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Oldfan wrote:One would hope it’s a night game on national TV.

Creighton rarely plays Saturday night games and I miss playing those games like the old days. I also miss games being played w/o 24 minutes of media timeouts. It's the price you have to pay for being in a Big six conference.
drbluejay

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 am

BoarCommaThe wrote:Only bad thing is that is the football conference championship games Saturday. It will probably make it an afternoon game because of this.

Yeah, it's a great point. Network FOX has the Big Ten championship game Saturday night, so I could see them putting Creighton/Gonzaga on in the late afternoon as part of a double-header. Zags could very well be ranked #1 when they visit, making for a compelling promotion.

A night game would be better for homecourt advantage and for the fun of those of us in attendance, but if it's at night, it won't get much attention on TV outside of people looking for counter programming to football.
WBR Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops