Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby cujaysfan » Sat May 26, 2012 5:10 pm

We should be playing colorado. Easy away game for fans and tourney team from last year that should be good agIn
cujaysfan

Postby WBR Tom » Tue May 29, 2012 11:02 am

Buried in the official press release on CBS' contract to sublease games from the ACC, Big 12 and PAC12 from ESPN was this interesting note:

In addition, CBS Sports will broadcast the Missouri Valley Conference Championship game for the length of the agreement and the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship game in 2013.

The length of the contract was not disclosed, but it appears the MVC title game will remain on network TV for at least a few more years.
WBR Tom

Postby RVB » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Myron Medcalf: Noncon games we'd love to see in 2012-13

None of these nonconference games will likely happen, but that won’t deter us from dreaming up some early-season matchups that could really spice things up in November and December.

In an ideal world, these are some of the ones we'd like to see in the 2012-13 season ...

Murray State at Creighton: Doug McDermott and Isaiah Canaan both considered their professional options following the 2011-12 season, but both All-America candidates will return. And that means their respective programs likely will be the top mid-majors entering next season. Canaan led Murray State to a furious start in Steve Prohm’s first season with the program, and McDermott helped his father’s Creighton program crack the Top 25, while also soliciting NBA interest just a year after he was expected to redshirt his freshman season. Both teams won NCAA tournament games, and both return players who could finish as first-team All-Americans. Let's square them off before 18,000 rowdy folks in Omaha. Mid-major matchups don't get much better than that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... in-2012-13
RVB

Postby Rik » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:16 pm

This article makes it sound like Pitt is in desperate need of a date.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -challenge
Rik

Postby BoarCommaThe » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:18 am

Jeff Goodman just tweeted the following:

No. 52 on the list of top non-conference games for 2012-2013: @dougmcd3 and Creighton host St Joe's on Dec 1
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Speaking of games...? Any word on the Top 75 RPI game negotiations?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby section202jay » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am

I wish we'd schedule a regional team. Some place where we could make a nice road trip out of it, if it is an away game. I don't care who gets put in that open slot we have at home, but please please please don't make it a total creampuff. I'm hoping it's at least a MAC team or something.
section202jay

Postby BoarCommaThe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Interesting that Jeff Goodman also has in his Big Ten roundup that we play Nebraska on a Thursday night. December 6th to be exact.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:05 pm

BoarCommaThe wrote:Interesting that Jeff Goodman also has in his Big Ten roundup that we play Nebraska on a Thursday night. December 6th to be exact.

Would be the first time since '03 that the CU-UNL game was on a weeknight. Interesting development.
WBR Tom

Postby IH8SIU » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Polyfro wrote:
BoarCommaThe wrote:Interesting that Jeff Goodman also has in his Big Ten roundup that we play Nebraska on a Thursday night. December 6th to be exact.

Would be the first time since '03 that the CU-UNL game was on a weeknight. Interesting development.

I don't want to sound like crabby old Dirk Chatelain, but what a pain in my ass, putting that game on a weeknight. Not that I won't go, but still.

Here's hoping we get a Creighton at Drake game on a Saturday evening.
IH8SIU

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops