Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Alphawalt » Fri May 03, 2024 11:59 pm

Many Jays fans, including myself, actually HATE the Husker team and their fans, and actively root for them to lose, as much as possible. The current state of Husker football is just fabulous to us. I went to CU when the Huskers were in their glory, and they were nothing but steroid using players, and I am not making this up, I knew for a fact most of them took steroids. No Fuskers fans allowed in my home!
Alphawalt

Postby Jaybird » Sun May 05, 2024 8:06 pm

NYC-bluejay wrote:
Realhoops wrote:
drbluejay wrote:I know dozens of fans that live in the Omaha metro area that go to Jays games and none of them attended Creighton.
Almost everyone of them either watch Husker football on TV or attend their games. I think most fans in attendance are from the Omaha metro area and never attended Creighton.

And I think most fans in attendance are Jays fans, not Husker fans. Guess we can agree to disagree. But the dozens of fans I know living in the Omaha metro area and attending games don't cheer for Nebraska in any sport, have some connection to the University (alums, parents of alums, family of alums, faculty, staff, etc.).

The idea of someone being from Omaha and not cheering for Nebraska in any sport is bizarre to me. Almost as bizarre as a few husker fans I know who are from Omaha and don’t support Creighton. Just as weird is another friend I have who wants Lincoln to get a hockey team despite the fact it would hurt our existing hockey team, UNO.

If a team represents where I’m from, I root for them, just that simple.

I have two kids who graduated from nebraska. One of them is on this board, actually. They grew up in Omaha. My daughter has a Bachelor's degree from there and my son has a Law degree, after graduating from Creighton undergrad. They're both very proud of their education and I am too, and I think those degrees have helped set them up very well in life. But, still, they both detest nebraska teams and the fanbase. Absolutely despise them and actively cheer against them.

We raised them right. Now, if we'd known that you'd find all that bizarre, we might have raised them differently. Too late now, I guess. Damn.
Jaybird

Postby bleedblue » Mon May 06, 2024 2:29 pm

With Battle for Atlantis, KU, Bama and maybe nebraska, unsure if they can come close to repeating last year's success, we are looking at a schedule similar to the 2022-2023 year and kind of reminds me of Bama's scheduling last season. Both teams ended up battle tested after an underwhelming regular season but we had an elite 8 run and Bama made the final 4.
bleedblue

Postby vivid_dude » Mon May 06, 2024 4:00 pm

A Jaysker debate! How could I miss this?

Maybe don’t care who other people cheer for. Why does it have to be more complicated than this? Everyone has different backgrounds, journeys, degrees, indoctrinating parents (Jaybird), childhoods, connections, etc. For one group of people to seriously look down on another group of people because of a sports team they cheer for is funny to me.

The idea that there are people out there who see another wearing an <insert team here> shirt or hat, and those people immediately dislike or generalize them, is something I’ll never understand.
vivid_dude

Postby CUGrads03 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:46 am

bleedblue wrote:With Battle for Atlantis, KU, Bama and maybe nebraska, unsure if they can come close to repeating last year's success, we are looking at a schedule similar to the 2022-2023 year and kind of reminds me of Bama's scheduling last season. Both teams ended up battle tested after an underwhelming regular season but we had an elite 8 run and Bama made the final 4.

I agree. It’s going to be rough but hopefully super full of learning, for both the team/staff but also for the fan base. I think it’s great as long as we keep our heads up if it doesn’t go great…which I think Mac typically does a great job of instilling.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 07, 2024 5:34 pm

With Battle for Atlantis, KU, Bama and maybe nebraska, unsure if they can come close to repeating last year's success, we are looking at a schedule similar to the 2022-2023 year and kind of reminds me of Bama's scheduling last season. Both teams ended up battle tested after an underwhelming regular season but we had an elite 8 run and Bama made the final 4.

Don't cha just love it!? I do. THIS is one of the reasons we requested, applied to, and made the jump to bigtime college basketball in the Big East.

While we've been a good team for over 20 years now, it's alway great AND a challenge to see how we measure up in the 'Big Leagues'. Wearin' our bigboy pants and talkin' trash. Yep...yes sir, playing da' big boys and earning national respect, and winning some games, baby. Heaven.

We're gonna be better this season, winning more games than last season. Making big noise in the Dance.

#RollDamnJays
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaybird » Tue May 07, 2024 7:40 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:

Don't cha just love it!? I do. THIS is one of the reasons we requested, applied to, and made the jump to bigtime college basketball in the Big East.

While we've been a good team for over 20 years now, it's alway great AND a challenge to see how we measure up in the 'Big Leagues'. Wearin' our bigboy pants and talkin' trash. Yep...yes sir, playing da' big boys and earning national respect, and winning some games, baby. Heaven.

We're gonna be better this season, winning more games than last season. Making big noise in the Dance.

#RollDamnJays

This reads like a post from 2012. Do we still need to earn national respect? Do we still need to see how we measure up? We are in the big leagues, we are big boys, and we even wear big boy pants. Been doing it for a while now.
Jaybird

Postby AttyAlum » Wed May 08, 2024 10:28 pm

I’ve always said that if you took the apostrophe key off of gtmo’s computer, he wouldn’t be able to post.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby jaykorver » Sat May 11, 2024 8:50 am

Field also includes Alabama, Houston, SDSU, Texas A&M, Rutgers, Notre Dame, and Oregon.
jaykorver

Postby Trifecta » Sat May 11, 2024 8:51 am

Definitely would have preferred playing in Atlantis. Now we potentially play a bunch of teams that we have recently played already.
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops